Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Somehow, I doubt this is true:

Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

‘BIGFOOT’ DNA SEQUENCED IN UPCOMING GENETICS STUDY

Five-Year Genome Study Yields Evidence of Homo sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species in North America

Contact: Robin Lynne, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), 231.622.5362

DALLAS, Nov. 24—A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.

The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:

More at the source

I should at least expect them to write correct genus and species names (it is not “Homo neanderthalis “).

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
LaMa - 26 November 2012 01:04 PM

I should at least expect them to write correct genus and species names (it is not “Homo neanderthalis “).

Couldn’t it be a “Homo with a meandering phallus”?

Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

As Palaeoanthropologist Lee Berger notes on Twitter:

Ok I think the whole bigfoot DNA is a hoax the associations Dr Ketchum belongs to dont exist like Assoc. of DNA Analysts and Administrators

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 November 2012 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
Mulder - 27 November 2012 09:38 AM
LaMa - 27 November 2012 06:05 AM

As Palaeoanthropologist Lee Berger notes on Twitter:

Ok I think the whole bigfoot DNA is a hoax the associations Dr Ketchum belongs to dont exist like Assoc. of DNA Analysts and Administrators

There is a typo on Ketchum;s page.  In the section of her pocket bio:

She is a former Treasurer for AFDAA, The Association of DNA Analysts and Administrators.

The abbreviation noted is AFDAA, but the “F” word (“Forensic”) has been accidentally omitted from the written out title. THe Association of Forensic DNA Analysts and Administrators in fact does exist.  Here is it’s website: http://www.afdaa.org/Welcome.html

Berger is wrong, and is easily refuted:

If you look on the “Officers” page on the link I provided, it lists Dr Ketchum as Treasurer prior to 2009.

I see. You are right.

Odd case. Wonder when we will ever see the evidence…

Signature 

———

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

They Who Come From The Future also have a bit of debunkery.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 December 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Kind of an update, but since they don´t want copy/pastes…

Link to the article.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 1