This has been a most disappointing starting series I’ve seen in a while: worthless
1. ‘Too many cooks spoil the pot’. [from the review link below]
“Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams and Iron Man director Jon Favreau helming the episode, the end result (at this point anyway) feels short of what the trio’s extensive and impressive resumes suggest they could have delivered.”
2. After 15 years even the most pitiful or idealistic personalities would have already been altered and hardened. Yet several people in this series remain completely worthless impediments to everyone else’s health and survival. Not even a pet dog would have remained that sheltered for so long.
3. The brother, Danny has asthma yet the only disability he appears to show is his judgment of character or in judgment overall. We have yet to see him gasping for air though even after being smacked to a pulp, enduring the dust and soot from a tornado and cringed building, being strangled etc.
4. Danny’s sister, Charlie is just a stumbling young idiot behaving more like a foolish 6 year old utilizing not just tantrums as tools, but also changes her mind as the wind blows.
5. People appear to be in nose-busting, bruising battles but turn up the next day unblemished. Some are maimed and appear unable to move to save the day but can get back up the next day to hike.
6. No one gets dirty yet there are no showers in the woods (which is apparently what the world has become) though there are streams and hair remains clean (shampooed). Everyone also has great teeth.
7. A tornado with lightening passes through, but I’m guessing the electricity in that lightening is an illusion.
8. Personalities can take a complete 360 degree turn in a matter of minutes (or at least overnight) since Charlie went from an idiot toddler to a General soldier in that amount of time.
Aside from the fact that the overall situation is pulled from boilerplate scenarios that so MANY are being fashioned under especially right now, I was hoping for something more than this month-old series has yet to offer. I am just simply bored.