Error Message:  Unable to receive your submission at this time
Posted: 21 September 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

I keep trying to wish Dave a happy birthday but I keep getting the message:

“Error Message:  Unable to receive your submission at this time”

Is it just that thread I’ll have trouble with?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 22 September 2012 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Sounds like the Posting Monster. He likes to strike with short(ish) messages sometimes and interfere with their posting

Just try making the post a bit longer. If you don’t have anything else to ad, just throw some empty code in. (Put in coding brackets, but with nothing in between them.) I’ve also found that hitting enter to go down to a new line can help, too.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 22 September 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. basically, you can’t repeat any message, ever, and have to be above a certain word length.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I get that message all the time but when I go back and refresh the thread my message has been posted.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 24 September 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
gray - 24 September 2012 08:28 PM

I get that message all the time but when I go back and refresh the thread my message has been posted.

You may be hitting the Submit Post button twice, then. Since it barfs on repeats, an accidental double-click can trigger that.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

And sometimes it just acts persnickety. 
It is the reason i installed Lazarus add-on on my Firefox.
(It saves a copy of everything you have types in the last little while so You don’t have to re-type long posts when the Posting Monster eats them…)

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 25 September 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15
daveprime - 25 September 2012 05:18 AM

And sometimes it just acts persnickety. 
It is the reason i installed Lazarus add-on on my Firefox.
(It saves a copy of everything you have types in the last little while so You don’t have to re-type long posts when the Posting Monster eats them…)

I’ll have to check out this Lazarus thingy.

I can understand why the forum software is set up this way. One reason would be to stop people accidentally posting the same message twice.

But when a string of people say “Happy Birthday” I can see how that would trip up the software. smile

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 25 September 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

The ONLY time I see this is when I only submit a single character like ‘?’  Let me try though on the thread and see what happens to me.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 September 2012 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14
Robin Bobcat - 24 September 2012 10:02 PM
gray - 24 September 2012 08:28 PM

You may be hitting the Submit Post button twice, then. Since it barfs on repeats, an accidental double-click can trigger that.

Nope, I’ve actually done that on purpose and depending on how long I’ve waited I either get a duplicate post or it freezes.  I just put it down to a momentary hiccup in the system.  As long as the message finally gets posted I’m not worried about how it does it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 September 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Its odd.. Whenever my post gets eaten or whatnot, I can usually hit the back button to where the from is, and it’ll be filled-in. *shrug*

Signature 

1 of 1