1 of 1
Vikings!
Posted: 18 September 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

People living on a remote island to the north of the Northern Territory had an unusual ship sail by.

Residents on a remote island in the Northern Territory were shocked to see what looked like a Viking ship sail past yesterday.

Police say they received a report of residents seeing the unusual boat off the coast of Elcho Island in Arnhem Land.

Northern Watch Commander Gary Smith says the 15-metre boat was a replica Viking vessel on the home stretch of a world tour.

“Police and local rangers patrolled the area and came across the vessel with swords drawn,” Watch Commander Gary Smith said.

“It was established that the Viking vessel was a replica, it was crewed by six Russians who had sailed from Europe, down through Africa, Thailand, Indonesia and on to Darwin, where it was making its way to Sydney where the vessel is to be placed in a museum.”

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 September 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 18 September 2012 07:12 AM

“Police and local rangers patrolled the area and came across the vessel with swords drawn,” Watch Commander Gary Smith said.

I thought you were a little beyond the sword stage in Oz.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

http://www.myspace.com/video/matooch/led-zeppelin-39-s-immigrant-song-by-viking-kittens/3327235

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 September 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29
gray - 18 September 2012 09:38 AM

And here’s me thinking everyone round here knew of my sword skills… wink

Besides, there are pretty strict gun laws here.  We gotta have something to defend ourselves with!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 19 September 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15
Smerk - 19 September 2012 06:34 AM
gray - 18 September 2012 09:38 AM

And here’s me thinking everyone round here knew of my sword skills… wink

Besides, there are pretty strict gun laws here.  We gotta have something to defend ourselves with!

Didn’t you know? NASA has restarted their Viking Program. They have to use the swords to protect themselves from germ carrying people before they leave for Mars.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

1 of 1