2 of 5
September 1st - International Bacon Day!
Posted: 05 September 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Woudn’t say I’m okay… I haven’t been able to sleep, still something of a mess, but yes, uninjured is good.

The real insult to injury? They grabbed my wallet, stole the two dollars I had in it. Two. Dollars. *sigh*

I hope *that* is the charge they get sent away for.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 September 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

OH MY GOSH ROBIN!!!  No, Hell no, you will NOT be okay for a very VERY long damn time!  Yeah two dollars, and the theft of your own peace of mind, well being and everything damn else.  I’ve had a twelve-guage held to my F…ing head.  It changes you for fracking ever.

You need far more than a hug.  If I could rewind it all then it never would have happened.  So tell me, what is your employer doing about this?  About YOUR emotional health?  What?

You have everyone’s support here and that’s for sure. 

P.S. forgive my ‘language’.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Holy carpmuffins, Robin!!  gulp

I am SO glad you came out of that uninjured, and I’m with you—I hope that what they get sent away for is that two freaking dollars, because THAT would be karmic justice.  Are you taking a day or so off?

Oh, and here, have some hugs and some Scotch.  smile
*hugs*
*Scotch*

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 05 September 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

The full extent of my employer’s involvement is that I get tonight off. I can probably get tomorrow off, too, but we’ll see.

*accepts hugs*

*sips scotch*

Actually hung out with a friend of mine for lunch… A beefy sandwich and an ice cold beer go a LONG way to restore peace of mind.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 05 September 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

One of my good friends used to be a branch manager for U.S. Bank. He said the second armed robbery is much easier than the first.

Glad you’re safe, Robin, and that no one was seriously hurt.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 September 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Robin Bobcat - 05 September 2012 04:10 AM

*deep calming breath*

I am okay. I am fine.

As some of you may know, I work the night desk at a local hotel.

I have just been robbed.

Three men. Hoodies. Ski masks. Guns.

On the ground, gun against my head, no I don’t know the combination.

Police have been very helpful.

I need a hug.

big surprise Jeez, that’s terrifying! I’m glad you’re ok. *hugs*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

So it seems the miscreants from the other night have been BUSY.

Police called me to look at some security photos. Seems these guys have been all over three counties. At least four other places in as many days.

They were arrested this morning.

One fine thing that’s going to get them in a lot of trouble: One of the guys is left-handed. Very clearly so, in both security footage and eyewitness (me) reports.

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Robin Bobcat - 06 September 2012 10:14 PM

One fine thing that’s going to get them in a lot of trouble: One of the guys is left-handed. Very clearly so, in both security footage and eyewitness (me) reports.

I’m assuming you mean that being left-handed is a helpful identifier…......not that being left-handed (in itself) gets one into trouble. 

It’s good for the soul too, to be able to be part of the process of capturing those who have brought you to harm!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Heather’s guinea pig, Charlotte, died either late last night or early this morning.  downer  Heather didn’t have time to feed her before leaving for school, so she doesn’t even know yet.  She’s going to be heartbroken.  downer  Charlotte was 6 or 7, which is pretty old for a guinea pig.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Robin Bobcat - 06 September 2012 10:14 PM

So it seems the miscreants from the other night have been BUSY.

Police called me to look at some security photos. Seems these guys have been all over three counties. At least four other places in as many days.

They were arrested this morning.

Right handed ^5 smile

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

stoopid posting monster!

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon