1 of 2
Not being on Facebook is suspicious?
Posted: 07 August 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

Now some people are saying people who are not on Facebook are abnormal and could be a sign of being a psychopath. Never mind there are genuine reasons for disliking Facebook. Story here.

Is not joining Facebook a sign you’re a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say staying away from social media is ‘suspicious’

Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren’t on social networking sites are ‘suspicious.’

The German magazine Der Taggspiegel went so far as to point out that accused theater shooter James Holmes and Norwegian mass murder Anders Behring Breivik have common ground in their lack of Facebook profiles.

On a more tangible level, Forbes.com reports that human resources departments across the country are becoming more wary of young job candidates who don’t use the site.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 07 August 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-05-07

This is so mind-numbingly stupid I don’t even know what to say. My dad doesn’t use Facebook- he talks to his friends IN REAL LIFE. Preferring real life over a computer is a sign of mental illness?

Signature 

I’m writing an unauthorized autobiography. - Steven Wright

Posted: 08 August 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Be very very worried
I’m not on facebook

Muhahahahahaha!

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 08 August 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

“How dare you to want to randomly search me?!! I´m on facebook!!!”

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 08 August 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I don’t think it’s ‘Face Book’ per se, it’s simply that employers (and others) find it easier to find out about your social meanderings by using the internet to ‘view’ you on any kind of online social forum.  So Sharruma, believe me, you’re ON, and have been, a social site HA!  It’s also easier to identify you and your typical activities, thoughts, dreams, aspirations and political views if your real name is part of the encounter.  Even on Face Book though, people can use another name and even fictitious information.  Contact information can be misleading since it’s simple to just open a new e-mail account for the fictitious ‘you’.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 August 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Like most of my internet life my FB is set up under an alias. So I’m on social media, but not under a name that an employer could find.

Posted: 08 August 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14
Mr R - 08 August 2012 05:57 AM

Like most of my internet life my FB is set up under an alias. So I’m on social media, but not under a name that an employer could find.

I rarely post anything on my facebook page and I’ve blocked it from everyone except friends so even if my employer wanted to find out something about me they would only get the very basic info anyway.  As far as I’m concerned my social life and my working life are 2 different things and no employer should be concerned with it.  I’ve found it extremely handy for tracking down old friends and renewing acquaintances but I could just as easily do without it if I had to.  Most of my life is offline anyway.

I wonder if I’m considered sociopathic because I don’t post status updates at least 5 times a day??

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
Mr R - 08 August 2012 05:57 AM

ouch

an alias

and yet you feel safe?

harrumpfff

we will fiiiind yooouuu….

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

“we” as in “they” who don´t excist…

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 08 August 2012 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

you´ll never know

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 08 August 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

even with an alias you can still be found:  http://www.ehow.com/how_6057098_person-used-alias.html

How to Find a Person Who Has Used an Alias
By Colleen Collins, eHow Contributor
How to Find a Person Who Has Used an Alias thumbnail
Free search engines can help you to look up alias names.

An alias is an assumed name. On the Internet, people often use aliases when they register for social networking sites, such as Facebook, to protect their privacy. You might come across aliases in people’s online profiles or perhaps through their comments on a blog. There are free search engines that let you easily search who’s associated with an alias on specific social networking sites (such as Facebook), on multiple networking sites concurrently, or in a more comprehensive search that also includes websites, photo sites and blogs. For a fee, you also can hire a private investigator to research who’s behind an alias name.

Instructions

Look up aliases on Facebook. Go to Facebook.com, and click the “Find Friends” link at the bottom right of the web page. Under “Search for People” in the middle of the page, enter the alias name in the box, and click the blue search button (with the magnifying glass icon). The results web page shows all Facebook accounts with that alias name. Click on an account link to view a high-level image of that profile page (which shows friends of the alias, as well as links to applications and websites). To see full profiles, you must sign in with your own Facebook account.

Search multiple social networking sites. There are search engines, such as Whoozy, that let you look up an alias in multiple social networking sites at the same time. Go to Whoozy.com, enter the alias name in the search box, and press the “Search” button. The results web page displays any instance of that alias appearing in Whoozy, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. To view the listings of that alias in any of these sites, click the plus-sign button next to it.

Conduct a web search. YoName lets you search for an alias in multiple social networking sites, blogs and websites. Go to Yoname.com, enter the alias name in the search box, and press the “Yo!” button. The results web page lists found instances of that alias. To read more about each listing, click the “View Profile” link.

Look up online photos. Facesaearch, powered by Google, lets you look up online photos associated with any given name, including aliases. Go to Facesaearch.com, enter the alias name, and press the “Search” button. On the results web page, move your mouse over the photos to display the names associated with each photo, and click on any photo to bring it to the forefront.

Read more: How to Find a Person Who Has Used an Alias | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6057098_person-used-alias.html#ixzz22yvxLLtt

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 August 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

now they know

Signature 

Trust me.

1 of 2