1 of 2
Westboro Baptist Church now restricted
Posted: 04 August 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

Thank God is all I can say. I don’t want to start a Religious thread but as a Christian I’m very relieved to read ]this story.

There is such a thing as human decency. When any group behaves in such an obscene fashion any good and proper remedy that comes up should be applauded.

Congress Passes Restrictions On Military Funeral Protests, Delivers Blow To Westboro Baptist Church
The Huffington Post |  By Nick Wing

Westboro Baptist Church protesters will soon be severely limited in their ability to disrupt military funerals, after Congress passed a sweeping veterans bill this week that includes restrictions on such demonstrations.

According to “The Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012,” which is now headed to President Barack Obama’s desk, demonstrators will no longer be allowed to picket military funerals two hours before or after a service. The bill also requires protestors to be at least 300 feet away from grieving family members.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 04 August 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

Just a few days a group of zombies had an sanity attack and payed the Westboro´s a visit.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 August 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Unfairly Balanced - 04 August 2012 06:17 AM

Just a few days a group of zombies had an sanity attack and payed the Westboro´s a visit.

Well I’m all for zombies with good intentions. Bless their hearts.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 04 August 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 August 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

...................they believe U.S. combat deaths are God’s punishment for America’s tolerant policies toward homosexuality…...................

[from Unfairly’s link]

that’s just about the most baffling and convoluted concept I’ve heard in a while (except a few from politicians) and it bears repeating even while we knew their stance for awhile…

Peter, I agree but I’m also not sure these folks can really be called ‘Christian’ either even though they claim ‘Baptist Church’ as their foundation.  They are very clearly a ‘cult’ with very separate and deviant ideas.  Yea for our government stepping in here!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 04 August 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

However, in an act of restraint, the zombies decided not to eat the Westboro protesters’ brains

What brains?

There’s not enough there to feed a zombie goldfish

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 04 August 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 04 August 2012 11:45 AM

...................they believe U.S. combat deaths are God’s punishment for America’s tolerant policies toward homosexuality…...................

[from Unfairly’s link]

that’s just about the most baffling and convoluted concept I’ve heard in a while (except a few from politicians) and it bears repeating even while we knew their stance for awhile…

Peter, I agree but I’m also not sure these folks can really be called ‘Christian’ either even though they claim ‘Baptist Church’ as their foundation.  They are very clearly a ‘cult’ with very separate and deviant ideas.  Yea for our government stepping in here!

Yes I would also call them a cult.

Although we could have a semantic argument about whether or not we should call them a “Christian cult”. But I’m not up for that one just yet.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 04 August 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Peter - 04 August 2012 06:31 PM

Yes I would also call them a cult.

Although we could have a semantic argument about whether or not we should call them a “Christian cult”. But I’m not up for that one just yet.

Me neither Peter.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 05 August 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

*pomtidomtidom*

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 05 August 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Hmm.. good set of veteran’s benefits part of the bill too.

In any case, the WBC has responded with their usual levels of bile. They seem gleeful that this will stop the ‘walls’ and counter-protests…

... funny, I don’t see anything in that bill about protesting cultists… :D

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 August 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

They (anyone) can still protest but timing is restricted so that it has to be two hours before or after the funeral.  Few if anyone from family/friends (that counts) will be there at those times.  Freedom of speech is not stomped, but neither are the rights of the griever to mourn over their loss with respect.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

To put it another way there is a difference between freedom of speech and freedom to act like pigs.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 2