1 of 1
Possible financial hoax in Eastern Europe
Posted: 30 July 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-07-19

Hi, i need an advice. I have borrowed money from a local bank (BRD) and now some people from an alleged “debt retrieval” company are calling me at late hours - including on Sunday. They sent me a paper - the company name is written ” COFACE” yet they spell it on phone “COFAST”. I asked for some credentials, like a website or address - they said “we cannot help you”. Could it be only a hoax? Like someone trying to intimidate me with fake lawsuits? Or like someone just stole some bills from my mailbox? I’m worried, because i cannot find that COFACE on any list of legally constituted companies. Thank you.

Signature 

The world is full of psychic hypnotic creeps
Whatever you do just don’t fall asleep

Posted: 30 July 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-30

I have had a different experiece with ‘CoFast’. My credit card company notified me of fraudulant charges by this same company and had to reissue me a new card. Be VERY aware of any info you give to them.

Signature 

cool smileSometimes you’re the bird, sometimes you’re the statue.cool mad

Posted: 30 July 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

My advice: Go to the bank where you got the money. Talk witht hem, and ask them if these are legitimate collectors, and specifically the ones the bank uses. If they are, the bank will have no problem saying so.

But yes, always be cautious when dealing with ‘debt collectors’ over the phone.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 August 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

If you suspect somebody is stealing your important financial mail you might want to look at getting a secure Post Office Box (I don’t know what they call them in your country). Something that is secure with a key (or combination lock) so your important financial mail can be delivered to it with a reduced risk of being stolen.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-01-01

You might also consider getting a shredder.  I never throw out anything with my name and address on it, or any bills or statements of any kind.

Signature 

My dad always said, “be all that you can be”.

I tried it.  Succeeded.  Not terribly impressed with the results so far.

1 of 1