1 of 1
Shooting in Colorado Movie Theater.
Posted: 20 July 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

A gunman walked into a midnight showing of The Dark Knight RIses.

He set off tear gas bombs and opened fire.

Death toll is 12 confirmed, and 50 injured. The youngest injured is 3 months old.

I’m glad that the police caught him. He did not shoot himself. He did not force the police to shoot him.

He will pay for his crimes.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 July 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-04-14

What price could he possibly pay that would equal the value of all those lives lost or shattered? Is his sad and futile life worth 12 of his peers? I don’t think so.

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

Jessica Ghawi: Victim of Colorado theatre shooting was also at Eaton Centre (Toronto) shooting

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Not to make light, but I suspect that henceforth that victim will insist on drive-in movies while in a tank from now on…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 20 July 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Burkenhare - 20 July 2012 10:42 AM

What price could he possibly pay that would equal the value of all those lives lost or shattered? Is his sad and futile life worth 12 of his peers? I don’t think so.

Short of a breakthru in cloning and memory transfer, no, not really.. But justice isn’t about vengance.. at least it’s not supposed to be.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

Well as always in these cases I start by thinking “I hope they got the right b*****d”. Of course with so many witnesses I’m sure they would’ve.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 20 July 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Peter - 20 July 2012 05:57 PM

Well as always in these cases I start by thinking “I hope they got the right b*****d”. Of course with so many witnesses I’m sure they would’ve.

He surrendered to the cops outside the theater.. Wearing full riot armor, etc.. yeah, they’ve got him.

Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I think everyone (with more healthy senses) is asking ‘why?’ as if that answer might clear up the agonizing horror.  However, the ‘why’ in minds so utterly corrupt by illness that moves in these directions will never mean much to any of the rest of us. 

When I worked at Patuxent Institution, I would always wonder at inmates who otherwise seemed to sensible, intelligent and even likable when they would relay finally their stories in off hand sort of chit chat that ended with just, ‘so I stabbed her’.  The inflection or lack, the idle delivery was so swept of anything other than comment that the teller seemed to be speaking of nothing more than saying ‘I woke up and stretched’.  The is usually no anger, no contempt, no sadness, no humor, no remorse at all.  It was just a passing and idle thought….......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patuxent_Institution

Patuxent Institution began operations in 1955, a unique facility created to house Maryland’s most dangerous criminal offenders. Its mission was to ensure public safety through the psychotherapeutic treatment of “Defective Delinquents.” These were offenders who demonstrated persistent antisocial and criminal behavior, and who were designated by the court to be involuntarily committed to Patuxent Institution under an indeterminate sentence. From its inception, Patuxent Institution was specifically designed to be a self-contained operation that was staffed by full-time clinicians, including psychologists, social workers and psychiatrists, as well as by custody personnel. Patuxent Institution was also unique in that it was provided with its own admission, inmate review, and paroling authority separate from that of the Maryland Division of Correction (DOC). Thus, once designated as a defective delinquent, an offender was to be released from Patuxent only upon the findings of the court that the inmate’s release was for the “[inmate’s] benefit and the benefit of society…”

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1