6 of 7
July 1st - Happy Canada Day
Posted: 26 August 2012 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Of course you can do it Huli.  It’s going to take a while but you’ll be as good as new once everything has healed up.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Just make sure you do your Physical Therapy. My father was a PT and one of his biggest complaints is people who didn’t do their excercises and came out worse than when they went in for surgery.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 August 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Robin, it’s too hard for me to sit still, and laying down can only happen if I’m exhausted because being prone is NOT a favorite position.  So, being in motion and stretching etc. is pretty natural.  I’ve only had a little therapy so far and, oh yes, it hurt.  Tomorrow will be the grueling one but I need to be able to get up and down stairs desperatey AND I need fresh air!  So, hopefully I’ll be a good or at least adequte patient.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 August 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

No worries at all, then.. I don’t need to drop somethign wriggly into your lap to motivate you, then all is good.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 27 August 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Robin, I think if you dropped something wriggly in her lap, she’d sit still just to examine it!  (That’s a compliment, Huli!) LOL

Huli, I’m so glad your general health is so good—that would seem to point to a fast recovery time!  And like Gray said, you’ll be good as new in no time.  smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 27 August 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Thank ALL of you and, yes Crafty, if Robin dropped a wiggly thing into my lap, it would definitely be studied and VERY likely become a pet HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 August 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Duly noted… I may have to make a special trip to Santa Cruz, then…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_slug

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H0q6lDER_8 Slug redemption When I was working with these guys, I did have a time keeping them contained but… they are beautiful!

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Tah - 23 August 2012 12:59 AM

It’s pretty neat though, they have these robots in the hall ways that deliver medications from the ground level so you can see then in the causeways too. They sense when something or someone is in the way and move around them or wait while making blips and dong sounds.

Do they turn around and move away quickly while making a screeching sound if a Wookiee growls at them?

LOL One way to find out!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 28 August 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Madmouse - 28 August 2012 03:40 PM

It’s pretty neat though, they have these robots in the hall ways that deliver medications from the ground level so you can see then in the causeways too. They sense when something or someone is in the way and move around them or wait while making blips and dong sounds.

Do they turn around and move away quickly while making a screeching sound if a Wookiee growls at them?

LOL One way to find out!

So, I should go back and growl at them?  Then have Erik take a video!

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
hulitoons - 28 August 2012 08:45 PM
Madmouse - 28 August 2012 03:40 PM

LOL One way to find out!

So, I should go back and growl at them?  Then have Erik take a video!

Why not?  Put it up on YouTube and it would probably go viral in no time at all.  I wonder how hard it owuld be to program them to growl back at you??

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

6 of 7