5 of 7
July 1st - Happy Canada Day
Posted: 16 August 2012 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

I’m doing okay, more or less.  Our youngest is 14 today!  Definitely makes me feel old… LOL  She starts high school next Wednesday, and Cougar and I go back to college two weeks later.  If everything goes the way it’s supposed to, we’ll both be graduating in the spring! grin  Right now, though, I’m still working on getting some of my assigned novels read so that I won’t have quite so much to keep up with once the semester starts.  Currently, I’m reading “McTeague” by Frank Norris.  It would be better if the author didn’t make such a point of saying exactly how dumb and brutish his main character is at every possible opportunity.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 16 August 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

She can’t be fourteen, she’s, like, nine…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 16 August 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Madmouse - 16 August 2012 07:22 PM

I know!  LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 16 August 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
Madmouse - 16 August 2012 07:22 PM

I had a moment like that back in June. My boss (not actually my boss anymore, but the guy who hired me and one of the executives of the Resort, so I will always call him my boss) was taking a few days off. His older son had graduated college and was getting ready to move down to California for the job he had gotten. He was in middle school when I started working there. No way I’m, er, HE’S that old!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 August 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

NONE of you are ‘that’ old.  You know you’re old when you have to have total hip replacement surgery; have purchased crutches, a walker, two elevated toilet seats with arm rests, risers to a special purchased chair so you don’t ‘bend’ with foot stools, a special bed formed by the family room sofa, two canes and your husband had to move furniture out of the way so you have room to get to the bathroom…......................and now you’re just terrified because your procedure is tomorrow at 12:30 but you have to be at the hospital (which is 45 minutes away) at 10:30 am.

That’s when you know you’re old and scared.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 August 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Aw, Huli. I hope… Scratch that. I KNOW everything will go well for you. Recover quickly and let us know how you’re doing. smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 22 August 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Hey, I know some of us have seen Huli’s status updates (through Erik) on Facebook, but I thought I’d put an update here.  She came out of surgery okay, and today she was able to use a walker to get to the bathroom.  She said she was pretty exhausted afterward, though, which is completely understandable!  smile

ETA: An update from Huli herself:

Okay I hope I make more sense. It’s 7:50pm now. We had to get a prescription filled from the hospital to take home that I will have to inject into my stomach for 2 weeks every day. I have to get a nurse that can check on me at home for awhile and also a therapist. So far I’ve only walked to the bathroom with a walker and to just take that trip is exhausting. I hope I can go home tomorrow but maybe not. It’s pretty neat though, they have these robots in the hall ways that deliver medications from the ground level so you can see then in the causeways too. They sense when something or someone is in the way and move around them or wait while making blips and dong sounds. I feel like I’m on another planet because everything is different. Okay, I’m tired again….

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

It’s pretty neat though, they have these robots in the hall ways that deliver medications from the ground level so you can see then in the causeways too. They sense when something or someone is in the way and move around them or wait while making blips and dong sounds.

Do they turn around and move away quickly while making a screeching sound if a Wookiee growls at them?

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Tah - 23 August 2012 12:59 AM

It’s pretty neat though, they have these robots in the hall ways that deliver medications from the ground level so you can see then in the causeways too. They sense when something or someone is in the way and move around them or wait while making blips and dong sounds.

Do they turn around and move away quickly while making a screeching sound if a Wookiee growls at them?

LOL

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

And another update from Huli:

I am HOME!!! For three hours now but I fell asleep for three hours as soon as I was able to get down the flight of steps. I still haven’t seen FuzzyButt yet since Erik didn’t want to wake me. There was a conference yesterday and actual staff was reduced. I think I needed the sleep anyway. Tomorrow a nurse arrives here at our home to begin therapy. They were going to come today until they found out I’d only just gotten home. Just took a dilaudid for pain and a couple hour I have to do an injection in my stomach fondaparinux for blood clots.

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 26 August 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Crafty, I can’t thank you enough to posting my odd updates here for me!

Today my nurse/therapist came and had a lot of questions before starting exercises which, hurt BUT I did feel better about his reactions to my answers to his questions like:  give me a list of all prescription medications (and I handed him the two medications from the hospital including the pain stuff and the anti-coagulate med I have to inject (not fun) into my stomach (but I do it).  He asked them to ‘yes, these but what about high blood pressure, statins, diabetic etc. prescriptions and both Erik and I said ‘I (she) doesn’t take any).  Then he asked me to walk (with my walker) and said I was very mobile considering that I’d just has surgery.  Then he took my bloodpressure and pulse and told us I had the blood pressure of a 20-year old.  Then he looked at my incision and looked started, stood back and said ‘it’s so small and in the front lateral, you just don’t see this very often….no stitches, staples and no more drainage at all.  There is only a small square bandage on it now. 

So, suddenly, even though I hurt, am swollen and feel odd, also have no to very little appetite, I am thinking I must not be ‘typical’?  I can maybe do this after all!

P.S. I am hoping though, that I’ll remember typing this later…................!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

5 of 7