Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16
Smerk - 07 July 2012 12:03 AM

I have new boots!

Were they made for walking?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 07 July 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

That probably wasn’t the first thought in the designer’s mind, but I can walk comfortably in them.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 07 July 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

That is probably a good thing. 

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 08 July 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I’m finally on holiday! The Mousling is very excited to be with all the family. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 08 July 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Madmouse - 08 July 2012 04:02 AM

I’m finally on holiday! The Mousling is very excited to be with all the family. smile

Now don’t go and do something silly to ruin it. like thinking about work or how you left the stove on. wink

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 11 July 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

*wanders in*
sniffs

Uh, Mouse?  I think there’s something burning in your kitchen…. gulp

Also, we’ve acquired a cat.  Last Thursday, one of the neighbor kids came over and asked our youngest if we wanted her.  Apparently, some women had driven up and stopped outside his house, and dropped her out the window.  Ruby, not wanting her to possibly get hit by a car, said we could take her in until we found another home for her.  On the off chance that it wasn’t actually her owners who tossed her out, we sent an email and pictures to the pound, but got no response.  Also, the cat shelters I called were either full or didn’t call me back.  So we decided to keep her around.

Ruby named her Kira, and she’s enormous!  She’s about the same size as Tex, and weighs roughly 17 pounds.  And she’s pretty mellow, which is good, except at night, she meows loudly any time anyone walks into the kitchen.  I think she’s hoping that we’ll agree with her that she’s wasting away to nothing, take pity on her, and feed her more food! LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 17 July 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

About time to revive this thread again.  Brought some of my homemade beef jerky to work this morning.  Good thing I made a bunch of it.  The guys at work go thru it fairly quickly.  I’m going to have to cook up another batch sooner than later if this keeps up. 

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 17 July 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

I love beef jerky!  Never had any homemade, though.  What type do you make (peppered, teriyaki, etc.)?

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 18 July 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

I have a couple of different recipes I use.  Personally I don’t like the teriyaki but my brothers do so I usually make some up for them.  I prefer something with a mesquite or hickory flavor.  I usually use apple or cherry for the smoke.  It actually turns out pretty good and all the guys at work prefer mine over store bought stuff.  I always use a dry rub though, I don’t marinade it some like people do.  I find with the dry rub it tends to cure mroe to my liking.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 July 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Heading up to one of the lakes near here for some scuba diving this weekend.  I’m trying to complete my Advanced Open Water certification.  Thankfully the forecast is for a great weekend.  It should be a lot of fun.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 July 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
gray - 20 July 2012 08:57 AM

Heading up to one of the lakes near here for some scuba diving this weekend.  I’m trying to complete my Advanced Open Water certification.  Thankfully the forecast is for a great weekend.  It should be a lot of fun.

Let us know how you go. I hope you get it.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

2 of 7