1 of 1
So. The Loch Ness Monster is real? Who’d a thought?
Posted: 28 June 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

Story here. This is such a farce.

Home fooled: ‘The Loch Ness monster is real’

-Australian homeschool kids learn from a US curriculum
-Taught Loch Ness monster is real and evolution wrong
-THE PUNCH: Homeschooling for God and other mythical beings

SCOTLAND’S Loch Ness monster exists. She’s a plesiosaur, a living dinosaur, and her existence shows God created the Earth and evolution is bunkum.

That’s what Australian homeschool kids can learn from a US curriculum being distributed here.

Families are using the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum, which has sparked controversy worldwide for using magical imaginary beasts like Nessie to argue that God created the world quite recently and that the Darwinian theory of evolution is wrong.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 29 June 2012 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I read about this happening in the US too. I guess truth and reality aren’t on their curriculum…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 29 June 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-04-14

I once heard that reality is a crutch for those who can’t handle drugs, and, if you’re teaching that prehistoric reptiles live in Loch Ness, your drugs must be pretty powerful stuff! Almost like an opiate… wink

Posted: 30 June 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
Madmouse - 29 June 2012 02:38 AM

I read about this happening in the US too. I guess truth and reality aren’t on their curriculum…

There are an awful lot of people alive today who prefer to believe their own version of reality rather than face the truth of things.  This is just one more example of how widespread ignorance really is.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1