1 of 1
Free RPG Day!
Posted: 16 June 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

So hey! Today is Free RPG Day! It’s a little less popularized than Free Comic Book Day, but hey, rolling dice isn’t for everyone.

For my part, I shall offer the following:

GURPS Lite: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/ - I prefer the third edition rules, and the Lite version actually has a couple of spells for a fantasy game.

Risus: http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm - Very rules-light, bordering on beer’n'pretzels. Geared for slightly silly one-shots, it can be played as a serious campaign, too.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 17 June 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

So, what’s Free RPG Day?  If you go to a store, do you get a free copy of an RPG book?

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 17 June 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Basically, yes.

They’re usually quick-start rules for a larger game - enough to play through the included scenario. Sometimes the stores will add supplements that don’t sell, or damaged but usable merchandise to the bin. One store I went to has dedicated gaming spaces which usualy must be rented for a nominal fee - today they were free, with some demonstration games being run.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 17 June 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Sounds pretty cool!  So I take it that free RPG day is the 16th?  I’ll have to keep it in mind for next year, I think!  smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 26 June 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Hmmmm, I can find a use for a couple of free RPGs.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 27 June 2012 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Not rocket propelled grenades, as I was hoping. :(

1 of 1

‹‹ Who is Dr Who      Happy Birthday, NEO! ››