1 of 1
Japanese Dentist Invents Self-Stirring Whirlpool Pot
Posted: 30 May 2012 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

For some people, making soup is the height of tedium. Now, a Japanese dentist has created the easy chair of kitchen equipment: a specially sculpted pot that stirs itself.

Hideki Watanabe came up with the Kuru-Kuru Nabe (Round and Round Pot) while experimenting with dental plaster at his office.

The water in the pot rises as it gets hotter, and spirals etched into the sides redirect it into a circle. It’s also efficient, hitting the boiling point faster than conventional cookware; it’s less likely to boil over; and it keeps pasta from sticking to the bottom.

Watanabe is hunting for investors now, possibly looking to leave dental work behind. The only foreseeable problem is with the demographic: People especially interested in a pot they don’t have to stir might not be the most helpful when it comes to getting up and donating to a young project.

Source with video

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I’d buy one.  I hate having to stand there and keep stirring stuff when I’m cooking.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15

I’d buy one. I’m a lazy ####### from way back.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

It’s a nice-looking pot, at the very least.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Clever invention!  I actually DO like this.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

That’s excellent! I always end up with stuck pasta because I forget to stir, so it’d be ideal for me.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 1