1 of 4
May 18 - International Museum Day
Posted: 18 May 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9101
Joined  2008-03-02

I figured the other thread must be getting pretty funky, since no one’s posted in it in a while.  And this is pretty fitting, anyhow, I think!  grin

Museum day!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 18 May 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

And since my house is a sort-of-museum, it fits nicely.

I am pooped though.  I got the deck cleaned, unpacked the table and 8 stackable chairs, the cover for the chairs not being used at times, the offset umbrella unpacked, put together except for the screen and that’ll be done tomorrow (that’s Erik’s chore).  The three-wicked citronella bucket candles are out and under the table.  The marshmallow forks are in the kitchen along with giant marshmallows and I really think I should roast at least one tomorrow since I haven’t had one in literally years (more than 10).  All the big boxes have been cut down and pressed together to be put out Sunday night for recycling pickup. 

I’m done for the day.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 18 May 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

Huzzah for museums!  Sadly, I won’t be visiting any physical museums this weekend.  I guess MoH will have to do for now.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 19 May 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

And it’s another quiet day at work.  It’s a long weekend here and I end up working the whole weekend.  Go figure.  The only redeeming things about that are the fact that it’s really quiet in here with no one else around all weekend and the weather is crappy right now so it wouldn’t be a good weekend to be doing anything outdoors anyway.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 May 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Whoo.. I am.. funned out…

Thursday: The annual Celebrate Davis festival. put on by the Davis Chamber of Commerce, it’s basically a little faire for all the various businesses and services to show off what they have for the community. Good times. Fireworks.

Friday: Pin-a-go-go. A pinball convention! Ten bucks and all the flipper-flipping your wrists can handle.

Today: Maker Faire! It’s like a craft fair in reverse, where they are showing you how to *make* things. So much shiny!

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 May 2012 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Those sound like awesome activities, Robin!

I’ve gone and done something I never thought I would do - I’ve friended a work colleague on Facebook.  Admittedly, it’s the minion I get on with really, really well, but I guess I now probably shouldn’t refer to her as a minion when I go on Facebook now…

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2012 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 20 May 2012 01:31 AM

Those sound like awesome activities, Robin!

I’ve gone and done something I never thought I would do - I’ve friended a work colleague on Facebook.  Admittedly, it’s the minion I get on with really, really well, but I guess I now probably shouldn’t refer to her as a minion when I go on Facebook now…

I guess minion is better than slave.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 May 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

You could put her in her own list, and if you want to post about work, make it for everyone except that list. wink

Robin, that sounds like a great couple of days!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 20 May 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Yep those FB settings can block, only specified areas too.  I found that out yesterday when I sent my niece a birthday card through FB.  Later I went to her page to find it and there was nothing there from me so I wrote a birthday wish on her page.  Then that seemed to disappear.

I sent her mother a message about the two posts and to please wish her happy birthday since my post seemed to have gone into oblivion.  Later I was talking to my older sister on Skype and asked her to pull up our niece’s page while we chatted.  We went down the page by columns and rows and it appears that I was NOT seeing all of the page at all…nothing like my older sister was seeing.  For me there were HUGE gaps of missing stuff.  In fact the area where ‘friends’ posted was apparently not available to me so the most recent offerings were almost a week old….this from a teenager?

THEN I got a message back from my niece’s mom, my younger sister, who told me that my niece had blocked whole areas from her as well but not from her Dad HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, though my younger sister could not find my birthday messages either, our older sister could.  Apparently my niece’s Mom and I are a threat, but her Dad and other Aunt not so much?

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 May 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Just watching the nifty-cool solar eclipse out.. Oooh.. ahhh…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 May 2012 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29
Madmouse - 20 May 2012 10:56 AM

You could put her in her own list, and if you want to post about work, make it for everyone except that list. wink

I may have to remember that. smile

Signature 

Posted: 21 May 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

THAT’s a great idea Madmouse, I hadn’t even thought of that.

Signature 

1 of 4