7 of 8
FUEL ADDITIVES: Pills, liquids etc. Are these for real or just more SCAMS?
Posted: 11 June 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/mlm_gasoline.html

EPA Certified Emission and Mileage Testing Station Test.

In the above website we are reminded that this test is ESSENTIAL for any bona fide company to function. The test is about $15,000 and takes one to two days!

Uncle Jack’s pick up with two tanks of gas just doesn’t cut it.

So, all you MLM fuel additive companies, let’s take a look at yours.

Dave

Posted: 13 June 2006 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-13
CyndiWilliams - 24 May 2006 04:54 PM

Ok everyone!  I had to get in on this conversation….

I have been doing some research on Ethos, in fact I have joined, myself.  Based on the research that I have done, the product and company (Ethos Environmental) are legitimate and effective.  Here is my dilemma….I do have a concern about the track record of the Marketing team.  From what I have learned, Ethos Environmental is a separate entity from 4ECorp which is run by Shane McGuire and Dan Atkinson.

So, could it be that Enrique is legitimate, and has hooked up with these guys to market his product full-force?  There is substantial evidence and endorsements to make a believer out of me in the product.  Ethos Environmental is currently in a merger process with another company (Victor Industries).

So what do we really make of all of this?  Is it possible that Shane and Dan are trying to legitimately do something right this time, or should we assume that they are scam-ming on Ethos Environmental?  I’ve read all the articles, I’ve listened to the conference calls, I’ve watched the explosion…It’s really hard to believe this is nothing more than a scam….And the first article I have read was dated 2001….that’s 5 years ago.  If the product was bogus, wouldn’t it have been shut down by now? 

Listen, I don’t proclaim to know the answers….But I do want to know the truth.

Here’s one of the articles from april of last year.

http://www.sandiegomag.com/issues/april05/business0405.asp

I would value your personal experiences with these guys or their companies…..and/or Ethos

http://www.primezone.com/newsroom/news.html?d=97749

Could this be the same Victor industries investigated by the SEC for securities fraud when they hyped their new merger with another company to artificially inflate their stock price?

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/complr17383.htm

Oh Look… it is http://www.victorindustries.com/InvRelation.html

Ok, so if I’ve got this straight…4-E is a Multi-Level Marketing (read pyramid) arm for Ethos Environmental/Victor Industries (read securities fraud) which is run by 2 guys that have to their professional credit no less than 3 defunct MLM ventures shut down by the FTC as scams…  http://www.hawaiionline.biz/ethosfz.htm

You’re right Penny, I’ve never used the products and who am I to say everything isn’t on the up and up.  Better yet maybe all the negative press is part of a larger conspiracy by the petro-chemical industry to keep “green” technology out of the marketplace.

Posted: 14 June 2006 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2006-02-25

GAS-SAVING DEVICES MOSTLY A SCAM
“Experts say they all have one thing in common.  They don’t work.”
Story at http://www.bankrate.com/brink/news/auto/fuel-efficient/20060613a1.asp

The reports of EPA tests of over 100 claimed MPG-enhancing or emissions-reducing products are posted on the EPA’s website at http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/reports.htm

Most of the tested products appear to be gizmos (magnets, air/fuel vortex devices, etc.). 
Ethos Fuel Reformulator is not one of the tested products.

Posted: 30 July 2007 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-30

Dear Cyndi,

I came across your posting on “Museum of Hoaxes” and just had to send you a quick note to say thank you for being someone who sticks up for what they believe in.

I still get a check from the one and only network marketing company I have been in for 17 years

Posted: 31 July 2007 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Best way to save gas?  walk…  No additives needed.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 October 2007 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-10-09

“...Congratulations on recognizing that the trends and timing are perfect and for jumping in and taking action.”

Best regards,

Anson MacLauchlan
Cell: 1 805 701 2487
http://www.yourfutureisgreen.biz

Anson and Marie - You are actually a day late and a dollar short. Cyndi Williams QUIT this scam about a year ago… finally seeing that this whole thing was not what it was cracked up to be. In short, Enrique DeVilmorin is less ethical than the folks over at Enron.   

Here it is in a nutshell—and ALL of these claims were either during official company calls or on print on 4-E’s website—all of which we have copies:

1. Enrique said he was a Harvard PhD, Nobel nominated scientist. FALSE

2. Enrique said that he was selling $180 million of product annually. FALSE

3. Enrique said the use of Ethos in Singapore reduced emissions by 16% and in Beijing by 10% so far. FALSE

4. Enrique said he signed the Kyoto agreement. FALSE

5. Enrique said he received a major environmental award from the Chinese Government . FALSE

6. Enrique said the event was covered by ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX. FALSE

7. Enrique said the Discovery Channel was producing a documentary about Ethos. FALSE

8. Enrique said all Indy500 cars would use EthosFR in the 2007 race. FALSE

9. Ethos Environmental lost $6.7 million in the first half of 2007. TRUE

10. A 2004 court order allows Enrique to sell EthosFR with limitations due to the fact that the basic formula belongs to Omstar. TRUE

11. Enrique has NEVER done any valid scientific testing of EthosFR. TRUE

12. The claim of saving 7% to 19% is based on old Omstar tests and NOT on EthosFR TRUE

13. EEI’s accountants resigned TRUE

14. Three of the four 4E Original Founders quit due to Enrique’s repeated lies TRUE

15. Enrique said the US Army is using EthosFR in Iraq FALSE

16. Enrique has been sued many times by former business partners TRUE

17. Enrique promised to show 4E Leaders proof he was selling over $100 million a year to China. Instead he presented falsified documents and there was no proof because his actual financials were revealed later in November 2006 which proved his $100 million sales claim to be a LIE. TRUE

Now, if you choose to do business with Ethos based on these facts - then you are free to do so. However, it is important that those who are looking at Ethos for the first time should have all the facts presented to them. (main part of post compliments of siweloel).

There is so much more to this story. The depths that these people have gone to in order to deceive the public is totally outrageous. Anyone wanting the full story should go to money maker group, look under MLM and find the 4-E/Ethos thread and start reading.

Lastly, I want to clarify that I am NOT involved with any fuel additive company, so I am not “bashing” the competition. That is one of those claims that always seems to surface and I just wanted to “nip it in the bud” before it was thrown out there.

Posted: 09 October 2007 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-09
For Earth - 30 July 2007 07:54 PM

I instantly recognized that the product was tried and proven.  Otherwise why would a publicly traded company, the second largest waste management in the U.S. go on the record and state that they saved 34 million dollars in fuel costs over a 6 year period?  And why would the City of San Diego award that publicly traded company an Earth Day Award for reducing emissions? 

Wow. You INSTANTLY recognized that the product was tried AND proven? (you must be VERY good indeed [rolling eyes]!) You also ask “Why would a publicly traded company go on record and state that they saved 34 million dollars…”?

Let me start with the company making the statement. The PERSON making the statement is Jerry Schnitzius… a MAJOR STOCKHOLDER of EEI. It is really quite simple… you, as the GM of Allied Waste, ensure the product is put in your vehicles. You, as a MAJOR STOCKHOLDER, reap dividends from the sale of product. What is so hard to understand about that? It is called “conflict of interest”. If you weren’t blinded by the lies these people have fed you, I’m sure you would be able to see that.

HOW can you “instantly” recognize that the product is tried and proven if there has NEVER been any type of controlled test? Simply read the first couple of pages of this thread, and that should be enough to answer any questions you might have about being able to “instantly recognize” that such a product is “tried and proven”. You, sir, are embarrassingly naive about the product you are selling and have been completely and totally bamboozled by these very slimy con-artists. Please note I did not say you were naive about SELLING the product. All salespeople only repeat the mantra they’ve been taught… most do not know any better. You are not the first to be deceived, however, and probably won’t be the last.

Posted: 10 October 2007 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08
WWSN - 03 June 2006 01:03 AM

Shane Maguire was the top guy in a MLM called “FuelZone.com” that began as a GasUpUSA.com clone, offering rebates to members based on promotional loss leader third party coupon programs. After GasUp was busted, they began looking for actual products to sell and eventually came up with the “FuelZone Fuel Reformulator” which they sold to members for $19.95. Here’s a photo of that product next to an ad:

(Pic no longer on WWSN website)

What’s that on the right? Why, it’s “Ethos Fuel Reformulator” available to members for $19.75. And who’s the top guy in this NEW ten year old company based out of Roseville, CA? Why, it’s our friend Shane Macguire, who lives in Stillwater, MN. But maybe the bottles and the names just look similar and we’re really talking about two very different products…

FuelZone FR Product Description ($19.95)

With Fuel Re-formulator you can Save fuel! Save Oil! Save on Wear and Tear to your engine! Make it run smoother, cleaner and with more power with our custom ester blend that is completely non-toxic.

Ethos FR Product Description ($19.75)

With Ethos Fuel Re-formulator you will Save fuel! Save Oil! Save on Wear and Tear to your engine! Make it run smoother, cleaner and with more power with our custom ester blend that is completely non-toxic.

Hmmmmm…...

If I didn’t know better, I’d think someone was trying to fool me twice.

Don’t be fooled twice, folks.

Back in the heady days of June 2nd 2006 Bob Burtis was giving us an insight into the wonderful world of fuel reformulator magic.

Has anything really changed?

Dave

Posted: 11 October 2007 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-08

So, given that the Bioperformance gas pill is history, we have companies like Ethos pushing their brand of magic.

“What appears to be totally lacking, so far as I can see, is any “proper” scientific testing.

As with all such products, it seems astonishing that the makers are not willing to spend a tiny fraction of the potential profits on establishing incontrovertible proof of effectiveness.

Especially after what happened recently to BioPerformance, you would think companies such as Ethos would be desperate to have such robust scientific data to avoid legal challenges.”

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm

Tony, an engineer from the UK makes a very obvious point.

Why wouldn’t Ethos independently test the product?

Draw your own conclusions!

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/mlm_gasoline.html

Rod Cook isn’t too impressed either.

“TWO STEP EPA TESTING IS REQUIRED BY THE FTC TO MAKE GASOLINE MILEAGE CLAIMS:

A. The EPA has a list of over 40 testing stations to perform preliminary testing to get into the big time Test.  They are located all over the U.S.  I speak of one below.  They cost about $20,000 to run the preliminary test.

B.  If a gasoline additive passes one of the tests above it can go to the EPA testing laboratory itself in Ann Arbor Michigan. The cost = $27,000.  The results of this test can be used in any advertising.

C.  Your question should be with these companies rolling in $ millions, why can

Posted: 15 October 2007 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-15
Ethix - 09 October 2007 08:05 PM
For Earth - 30 July 2007 07:54 PM

I instantly recognized that the product was tried and proven.  Otherwise why would a publicly traded company, the second largest waste management in the U.S. go on the record and state that they saved 34 million dollars in fuel costs over a 6 year period?  And why would the City of San Diego award that publicly traded company an Earth Day Award for reducing emissions? 

Wow. You INSTANTLY recognized that the product was tried AND proven? (you must be VERY good indeed [rolling eyes]!) You also ask “Why would a publicly traded company go on record and state that they saved 34 million dollars…”?

Let me start with the company making the statement. The PERSON making the statement is Jerry Schnitzius… a MAJOR STOCKHOLDER of EEI. It is really quite simple… you, as the GM of Allied Waste, ensure the product is put in your vehicles. You, as a MAJOR STOCKHOLDER, reap dividends from the sale of product. What is so hard to understand about that? It is called “conflict of interest”. If you weren’t blinded by the lies these people have fed you, I’m sure you would be able to see that.

Yes, Mr. Schnitzius is a major stockholder in the company, but no longer a manager of Allied Waste.  I should think you might do your homework a bit better.  Also, there are no dividends.  The stock is currently listed as .90, with a -2.38 earnings/share, -306.56 return on equity.  Investment in stocks is a gamble at best.  I’m sure every stockholder who bought shares of Ethos is well aware of this. 

Why attack the credibility of someone you don’t even know?  Allied was using the product three years prior to this gentleman becoming a major stockholder.  Further, it was this gentleman’s personal choice to invest in the company, independent of Allied Waste.  Additionally, you cannot verify any of the accusations your making, all of which are slanderous and libel.  You’ve made a point of making the same comments all over the Net on sites for the past year, which leads the reader to question your motives. 

Why not admit you have personal ax to grind?  It’s that simple. 

Have a good day.

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
Dr. Suess

Posted: 05 November 2007 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-09

I have made many posts over the internet. I, along with other people, made the decision to alert people to the problems we saw and personally experienced with Ethos FR. No, I don’t know Jerry Schnitzius… when I was part of the 4-E opportunity, FROM A DISTRIBUTOR’S vantage point, he was one of the largest credibility factors FOR ME. I had no idea he was a stockholder in the company. I felt very betrayed when I discovered he was because he was not just simply someone who used the product and loved it. I felt he had a personal stake in it and even if he discovered thing about it that were unethical, he had invested money in it and would not have blown the whistle. Just so you have a look into things from my perspective.

However, these things aside, I have made a decision, based on a recent series of e-mails between myself and someone I have found respect for, to let this thing go.

Have a great day.

7 of 8