1 of 1
Mayor Kardashian
Posted: 29 April 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

Story here. I’m thinking a President Kim Kardashian would have your sides splitting.

Kim Kardashian says ‘stay tuned’ about mayoral bid

KIM Kardashian has just one message about her possible mayoral bid: Stay tuned.

The reality TV star turned entrepreneur demonstrated her politically useful talent of headline-grabbing last week by saying she hopes to run for mayor of Glendale, California, after she establishes residency in the Los Angeles suburb.

It then goes on to say

She said she chose Glendale for her shot at the mayoral robes because “it’s, like, Armenian town”.

However, a Glendale city official said later that Kardashian cannot run for mayor as it is not a post elected by the public, but she can run for city council.

So if Kim does become mayor will all the pipes used for the plumbing have to be painted a different colour? (think about it)

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 29 April 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Way to do your homework, Kim… Run for mayor in a city that doesn’t have an elected mayor…

I’m just glad my grandfather isn’t around to see this - he used to live in Glendale, and would be frankly apalled at the notion of someone so under-qualified being responsible for the town.

Mind, he’d also be apalled at the notion of someone so under-qualified being responsible for a child…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 April 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

We don’t have ‘like’ buttons so:

1.  ‘Like’ (for Peter)
2.  ‘Like+’ (for Robin)

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 29 April 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

I should also point out (re: not doign homework) that while the main downtown areas of Glendale are very culturally diverse (not just Armenian), most of the town itself is suburbia, with a substantial retiree population.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 29 April 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 29 April 2012 10:46 AM

We don’t have ‘like’ buttons so:

1.  ‘Like’ (for Peter)
2.  ‘Like+’ (for Robin)

3. ‘Like++’ (for Huli).

That photo in the news story makes Kim look like she’s her mother’s little girl. I don’t think that will help her political ambitions.

Does Kim realise being a politician is like having a real job?

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 29 April 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

I don’t think the people in Glendale would be attracted to the though of her as mayor as much as they would be shaking their heads and shuddering. 

She obviously has no idea that she might actually have to work once in a while and give the issues some intelligent thought.  Mind you she does have the money to spend on a campaign. 

Asked about the possible foray into politics on the red carpet at today’s annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, Kardashian told Politico, “Stay tuned. I always set my goals really high.”

I really have to wonder what in the hell she was doing at an event like that.  She is neither a correspondant or any sort of journalist and I don’t think reality tv star would qualify either.  However there was a red carpet and that seems to attract people like her.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 April 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

The organizers of such shindigs may also invite a handful of celebs, in order to make the event ‘signifigant’. “Hey man, you should totally go to this thing, I hear Elton John is gonna be there.”

My money is on her ‘hanging out’ with some bigwig or other. A lot of folks who are very powerful in the industry, but relatively unknown, will invite along a celebrity as their guest.

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Peter - 29 April 2012 04:27 AM

So if Kim does become mayor will all the pipes used for the plumbing have to be painted a different colour? (think about it)

Nobody gets my jokes. red face

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 30 April 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I mean just think. With some gold paint on the plumbing and the fittings Mayor Kardashian would make a real difference.

You could have golden washing. And golden car washes. And…...

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 30 April 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

hmmm

Reaching a BIT far for a tasteless joke…

Signature 

Posted: 30 April 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 30 April 2012 08:46 AM

hmmm

Reaching a BIT far for a tasteless joke…

Sorry.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 1