1 of 1
Isn’t God wonderful
Posted: 27 April 2012 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

Last night I came home in the dark. I got of the train near my home and I didn’t feel like making my meal. So I went to a fish and chip shop.

As I was waiting for my order this old man came in for his order. He was coughing and spluttering. Clear mucous poured from his nose. He wiped it with his hand. He then used the same hand to reach into his wallet to give a note to the fish and chip shop owner. After touching the note from the man who used his hand to wipe his nose the fish and chip shop owner handled my order of fish and chips.

I had a message from God. We are all the same in His eyes. We are all worthy. This old man with his foul and disgusting habits was presented to me by Our Lord.

So I ate at the noodle shop down the road.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 April 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHAHAHahahahahahaahahaHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Excellent decision Peter!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 April 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Ironically I think I made the healthier decision. I mean the food from the noodle shop would’ve been healthier than fish and chips (even without the mucous).

Never mind I wasted $8.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 27 April 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I mean, there is that old tool called Kleenix, and plastic gloves to serve food NEVER bare hands regardless.  Don’t think of money wasted, but a well-earned education.  Perhaps I can design a certificate for you to prove it?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 April 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2012-04-19

Good choice Peter, if that old gent’s one of God’s creations, presumably his germs and/or illnesses were too, but you still don’t want them!

Posted: 28 April 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
hulitoons - 27 April 2012 09:55 AM

..........., and plastic gloves to serve food NEVER bare hands regardless. ...........

I disagree.  Look sometime and you will see some of these gloved ones touching their faces, eyes, and yes, even their noses with their gloves and not changing them.  Of course, their hands aren’t contaminated, but the gloves over them are.  I believe that in most cases, frequently washing the hands is more sanitary.  I’m guessing in Peter’s case bare hand or gloved, the sever was not properly trained re: sanitary guidelines, and would have handled the situation the way regardless of gloves or not.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 03 May 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Gloves just seem to encourage poor hygiene.

My locally chippy doesn’t touch the food when serving, aside to the fact it would be scaldingly hot, they use implements to pick up the fish and shovel the chips. No human contact whatsoever. The money in your pocket probably has more germs on it than were up that guy’s nose.

http://myblogscience.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/looking-for-germs-check-your-money.html

Posted: 05 May 2012 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I still haven’t been able to go back. Maybe I’m developing a phobia? Or maybe I just don’t like somebody else’s bodily emanations in my food?

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 19 August 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I think I am developing a phobia of that place. I haven’t been back to buy fish and chips from there since my first post in this thread, around the end of April 2012. Do people think I should give it another try? I just can’t get the image of that night out of my head. Food is such a personal thing.

Although there is another fish and chip shop about 5 minutes drive from where I live.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 19 August 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Nah.. if it’s making you uncomfortable, then that’s detracting from the dining experience.

I had a run-in with a VERY unpleasant person at my favorite pizza place. I found out what days she worked, and only ate there on days she wasn’t there. After about six months, she’d moved on.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Peter - 19 August 2012 01:41 AM

I think I am developing a phobia of that place. I haven’t been back to buy fish and chips from there since my first post in this thread, around the end of April 2012. Do people think I should give it another try? I just can’t get the image of that night out of my head. Food is such a personal thing.

Although there is another fish and chip shop about 5 minutes drive from where I live.

You don’t know where the money in any of the shops you buy your grub has been….

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 20 August 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
LaMa - 20 August 2012 07:22 AM
Peter - 19 August 2012 01:41 AM

You don’t know where the money in any of the shops you buy your grub has been….

True. But there is something special in seeing some grub handing over money after wiping his snot with his bare hand.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 1