Posted: 14 April 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I assume the sheepskin isn’t still attached to a grumpy sheep? wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 15 April 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Not really, no. I understand the sheep is *particularly* grumpy about that.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 April 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Back on shift and just checking in.  I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 April 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Doin’ ok, thanks.

Had fun Saturday. Went to a mideval fantasy faire over in San Jose. Got sunburnt. Ate things on sticks. Good times.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 April 2012 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Things on sticks are generally pretty tasty, at least at fairs.  And my week is going okay, so far.  Turned in one paper on Monday, and have two more due tomorrow.  Friday there are no classes, then Saturday I’m part of the honor guard at the college’s graduation, and then finals Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday next week.  Then maybe I can relax a little! smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 18 April 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

Doing okay. But more importantly, how was your trip, Gray? Did I miss somewhere that you told us all about it?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 19 April 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

I’m so ready for the weekend.  I’ve had a few too many late nights for no good reason, and am feeling the lack of sleep…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 19 April 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

For some reason, I was thinking that graduation is this Saturday….It’s next Saturday. *facepalm* red face

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 19 April 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

At least you figured that out before you showed up. smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 April 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Tah - 19 April 2012 09:34 PM

At least you figured that out before you showed up. smile

She could have been the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-game show, where everybody could admire her guarding abilities!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 April 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
Tah - 18 April 2012 10:09 PM

Doing okay. But more importantly, how was your trip, Gray? Did I miss somewhere that you told us all about it?

Actually no.  I’m still sorting out the pictures.  I ended up with about 500 pics while i was there.  Good thing I had a 32gb card in the camera cuz I used about 17gb of it.

The trip was great.  smile  I really enjoyed the place.  Totally different world over there while at the same time some things are familiar.  One of the big things I noticed was that there is a lot of English used in Okinawa.  I guess that is due to the number of American servicemen over there.  It’s kinda funny seeing a McDonalds or A&W sign in English then the menu and everything else around it in Japanese.  The weather was great the whole time which was nice.  One thing I learned was that the Japanese have to be the most polite and cheerful people I have ever seen in my travels.  Rather refreshing to be honest.  I also learned that driving over there is an experience in itself.  I saw 1, count ‘em, 1 stop sign the whole time I was there, outside of the airbase that is.  Apparently they don’t believe in stop or yield signs on the side roads.  And just to make it more confusing their stop signs are triangular like our yield signs. 

I managed to get soms scuba diving in while I was there.  The marine life is amazing.  Had several close encounters with sea snakes, a cuttlefish, stonefish, blowfish and a myriad of others.  All kinds of coral of every size imaginable.  I really wish I had had a decent underwater camera to take some pics of the stuff.

The food was interesting.  Apparently they dont’ trim the fat off anything.  This is somewhat surprising considering i didn’t see any obese Japanese people the whole time I was there.  Went to a couple of fukinori restaurants which are like all you can eat buffets except you grab plates of raw meat and cook it yourself right at the table.  Interesting concept but it was good.  I found that I liked the dessert portion of the buffet better.  wink 

If I ever get my act in gear and get some of the photos edited and uploaded I’ll post some of them in the forum.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

5 of 8