Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28
Robin Bobcat - 31 March 2012 01:37 AM
Smerk - 31 March 2012 12:20 AM
Accipiter - 30 March 2012 10:10 PM
Robin Bobcat - 30 March 2012 03:05 AM

The latest version is fine for something quick and dirty, but if you want depth and complexity, you need to look at the previous iteration…

No comment.  Definitely no comment.

*looks innocent*

*just grins, sets out some dice and paper*

... plus candles & champagne. wink

first on 4

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 01 April 2012 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, batten down the hatches, it’s the first of April again, and we’re gonna see the usual influx of new folks.

To anyone who’s new, welcome to the Forum! Yes, we are this silly around here.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 April 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Holee crap!
Literally EVERY fire truck in town (including the ladder truck from the university) is on my street right now, responding to what appeared to be a mediocre house fire. No shooting flames or Michael Bay-esque explosions, just a bunch of smoke.
This is signifigant because my street is basically an extended freeway onramp, and has only ONE exit.
Guess which side of the fire trucks my house is on?
So, rode my bike in to work, only half an hour late. Got footage for the boss if he doesn’t believe my excuse.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 07 April 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14
Robin Bobcat - 02 April 2012 02:01 AM

Holee crap!
Literally EVERY fire truck in town (including the ladder truck from the university) is on my street right now, responding to what appeared to be a mediocre house fire. No shooting flames or Michael Bay-esque explosions, just a bunch of smoke.
This is signifigant because my street is basically an extended freeway onramp, and has only ONE exit.
Guess which side of the fire trucks my house is on?
So, rode my bike in to work, only half an hour late. Got footage for the boss if he doesn’t believe my excuse.

I’m assuming the fire is out by now?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 07 April 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Yep. Oddest thing, too. Saw the house the next day, and it was still intact. With that many trucks, I’d assume a few cinders and a poignantly-untouched stove. Nope, the entire thing looks fine. There *was* smoke coming out of it, though, so no idea.

Signature 

Posted: 07 April 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

So dad got me a Japanese capsule toy (gashapon) from his trip. For those unfamiliar, these are like the capsule toys you find at american supermarkets, but are generally more expensive ($1-6) and much higher quality. Some are little figurines, but others (like mine) are actually model kits that can be assembled to make something much larger than the capsule.

The trick is figuring out what it *is*.. It’s a lovely terra-cotta-colored figure, that from the look of it is probably something historical. A muscular gentleman, with flowing ribbons and sashes, holding a mace or flower or something in one hand, while the other is making a sort of pinching gesture. Given his expression, I would think him about to drop a used diaper into a bin.

I originally thought it might be a japanese Oni of some sort, but a tickling in my brain and some digging has led me to find out it’s a Buddhist statue. The trick is digging through to figure out which one.

Ahah! It is one of the Niō - Ungyō to be exact - and a recreation of a statue at Todaiji, Nara. VERY nice! I have placed him next to my dragon and biting pear to ward off evil.

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Urf. Something stinks.

No, really. I got woken up by this smell. Don’t know how to describe it. Sharp, pungent, like somewhere between a burnt tortilla and stale urine.

It’s definately confined to my room, but I’m stymied as to what it is, or where it’s coming from. It’s not a constant scent, just little whiffs, making finding a source tricky.

After many years, my room has its own ‘eau de batchelor’, but this is something new. I just hope it’s not like, electrical insulation sizzling or something equally urgent. I do recall smelling something similar a few days ago. But that was outside, so that just has me confused. My current theory is that something may have died under the floorboards.

Perhaps Ungyo had mexican for dinner or something.

Signature 

Posted: 12 April 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Could it be coming through some air vents or the like?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 12 April 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

If I had them, sure. This place is 100 years old.. and I checked outside before going to work. Nothin’.

Signature 

Posted: 13 April 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Ahah! Found the source!

It’s a sheepskin.

It’s a very nice one, soft, scrunchy wool and everything. Got it about a year ago. But it’s gone a bit funny. It’s not a BAD smell, now I know what it is (and that it’s not sneaking wafts of itself at me) just a bit strong. I’ve got it airing out a bit now.

Signature 

Posted: 14 April 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

Baaaa (haa haa)

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

4 of 8