Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 28 March 2012 03:14 AM

*gives Acci a cracker and puts the blanket over his cage*

Yum!

Robin Bobcat - 28 March 2012 04:46 AM

I think my math is off, but I think the odds that NONE of my numbers were picked for the lottery may actually exceed the odds of winning the lottery itself…

Not if they were actively plotting against you.  You’re actually the subject of a carefully-orchestrated psychology experiment, see.  The lottery was rigged to test you.

Smerk - 28 March 2012 05:50 AM

I didn’t think Daleks and Cybermen were compatible. wink

Hey, there have probably been people who have said the same about dragons and diatoms.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 29 March 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Accipiter - 29 March 2012 12:01 AM

I think my math is off, but I think the odds that NONE of my numbers were picked for the lottery may actually exceed the odds of winning the lottery itself…

Not if they were actively plotting against you.  You’re actually the subject of a carefully-orchestrated psychology experiment, see.  The lottery was rigged to test you.

Imaging how staggeringly against the odds must be for us BOTH to have not to have had any numbers that have matched Robin… ... blank stare

Hey, there have probably been people who have said the same about dragons and diatoms.  wink

This made me smile smile

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 29 March 2012 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Have I mentioned that I’m one of the copy editors for my college’s literary journal, The Rook?  It’s open to submissions from faculty, staff, and students both current and former.  Since Dave also went to school there, I talked him into submitting several of his poems, and one of them got chosen to be in The Rook! grin  The one that’s going in is “Ticket to Ride…”  The journal goes to the publishers tomorrow, and barring any problems, should be back at the school in about 6 weeks.  I’m pretty excited!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 30 March 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
oppiejoe - 29 March 2012 08:16 PM

Imaging how staggeringly against the odds must be for us BOTH to have not to have had any numbers that have matched Robin… ... blank stare

Well, maybe if you stopped using my numbers. Sheesh.

This made me smile smile

Depends which version of Diatoms and Dragons you’re talking about of course. The latest version is fine for something quick and dirty, but if you want depth and complexity, you need to look at the previous iteration…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 30 March 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Chris and I are going out tonight, and the Mousling’s having a sleepover at his grandparents’ house. It’s weirdly quiet here…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 30 March 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

I know that feeling, MM.  Our daughter and her family have been camped out on the living room sofa for , oh, 4 months or so. gulp

They left Monday and ........ cool grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 30 March 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

This has been a pretty good day.  Two of my professors suggested an internship to me which would go from summer through the fall, doing some writing and editing for the League of Conservation Voters. Turns out that I’m their FIRST choice for this internship!!  Supposedly I write well… big surprise  Also, I got an email from the English department secretary, saying that one or more of my professors had nominated me to be part of the Ivy Guard, which is a group of 50-70 women undergraduates who line the aisle during the graduation ceremony for the college. In order to be part of the Guard, someone has to have a 3.25+ cumulative GPA and have made contributions to college life.

Oh, and the editor-in-chief of The Rook has talked to several people on my behalf, trying to find editing work for me.  So, not just a good day, but a pretty good week! smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 30 March 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Crafty Dragon - 29 March 2012 11:23 PM

Since Dave also went to school there, I talked him into submitting several of his poems, and one of them got chosen to be in The Rook! grin

He is now an accomplished artiste!  Is he going to start wearing turtlenecks and standing on the shoreline staring impressively out to sea and wearing berets and affecting a strange fake upper-crust English accent?

Madmouse - 30 March 2012 03:11 PM

Chris and I are going out tonight, and the Mousling’s having a sleepover at his grandparents’ house. It’s weirdly quiet here…

*mails some artillery simulators to Madmouse, with the fuses pre-lit*

Robin Bobcat - 30 March 2012 03:05 AM

The latest version is fine for something quick and dirty, but if you want depth and complexity, you need to look at the previous iteration…

No comment.  Definitely no comment.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 31 March 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Congrats, Crafty!  Sounds like you’ve got a couple of things to keep you busy over the next few months. smile

Accipiter - 30 March 2012 10:10 PM

The latest version is fine for something quick and dirty, but if you want depth and complexity, you need to look at the previous iteration…

*looks innocent*

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 31 March 2012 01:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Smerk - 31 March 2012 12:20 AM

Congrats, Crafty!  Sounds like you’ve got a couple of things to keep you busy over the next few months. smile

Accipiter - 30 March 2012 10:10 PM

*looks innocent*

*just grins, sets out some dice and paper*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

3 of 8