2 of 8
Happy Nawroz (New Year’s Day )  Lesotho,Tajikistan, Afghanistan
Posted: 23 March 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

So.. it turns out that a recall was issued for my motherboard, for the very issue I had!... a week after I bought it. And I never found out. Argh. So now it’s too late for an easy replacement.. they’d have to *fix* the one I have.. which means shipping it to them, then back.. yeah, not willing to go a MONTH without a computer. Ugh.

so yeah, plan continues: New motherboard. Probably going to send this one off for the fix anyway - doesn’t hurt to have spare mobos.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 March 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 23 March 2012 05:21 PM

doesn’t hurt to have spare mobos.

Is this your version of a harem, then?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 March 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Accipiter - 23 March 2012 10:03 PM
Robin Bobcat - 23 March 2012 05:21 PM

doesn’t hurt to have spare mobos.

Is this your version of a harem, then?

No, that would be using the lef… yes, yes it is. I shall leave the implications that I have also purchased a Rasberry Pi miniboard to your sordid imagination.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 24 March 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Ahh.. there we go! Back up and running, online in style. New system is *slightly* better than the old one - has an on-board video card, for one - but not so much as to make a difference. Had a couple hitches, main one being that for some reason, I wasn’t able to browse the internet, but could still telnet out. I needed to delete my LAN drivers, and reinstall them to fix. No worries after that.

Signature 

Posted: 24 March 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Eh, it isn’t as though online access is all that important, right?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 March 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh, normally, no, but my housemate’s p-Thetans make it hard for me to use crystal telepathy to access the server nodes directly…

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

And that is why you should kill him.  Kill all humans.  Ex-ter-min-ate!  Ex-ter-min-ate!

Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8458
Joined  2006-02-28

Someone needs to check Acci’s Dalek circuit again

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 28 March 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

He will be assimilated.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 28 March 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*gives Acci a cracker and puts the blanket over his cage*

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

I think my math is off, but I think the odds that NONE of my numbers were picked for the lottery may actually exceed the odds of winning the lottery itself…

Signature 

2 of 8