2 of 2
So, how did the Blessed People first discover the Museum of Hoaxes?
Posted: 22 March 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Hmm…I am not sure exactly what brought me here, but I had a job that let me run around the internet pretty much at random when I didn’t have calls to answer.  I may have come this way from bored.com or one of those sites that has lists of other sites.  It’s been quite a while, now.  And in 2005 I got my “upgrading membership” email to mod the forum part of the site.  If I recall it was myself, Charybdis…and another member who has been long gone.  smile

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 22 March 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  740
Joined  2006-12-06

Got kicked out of the Snopes forum, where some moderators went on a power trip.
I needed my hoax/urban legend fix so I ended up here. People were so much nicer here.

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 22 March 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I used to be all over snopes, too…but not on the forums…I may have even come here searching for similar stuff. 

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 22 March 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Boo told me about the site.
I agree that we really have to get this forum going again!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 March 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8456
Joined  2006-02-28

I was trying to debunk something and ran into the answer here. Boo also welcomed me to the forum smile

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 23 March 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

I found the original book at a local bookstore, loved it and followed the link smile

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 23 March 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Hmmmm.  That particular night is still a bit blurry.  I think that there were some goats involved, and the Sultan’s royal yacht.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 March 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 23 March 2012 09:59 PM

Hmmmm.  That particular night is still a bit blurry.  I think that there were some goats involved, and the Sultan’s royal yacht.

That’s funny. Mine involved goats, too. But also a knife with a wavy blade, a stone pedestal and a lot of blood.

Seriously, though, I have no dea. I got to the main page via a link from a link from a link somewhere. Not sure where or why it even started. It was just random surfing one evening. I ended up on the main page, read 2-3 pages back, figured it was a good site to bookmark and checked back regularly for updates. After a month or two I decided to check out and join the forum. The rest, they say, is better left unspoken.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 24 March 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I know that I visited the site one time waaaay back in the late 1990’s, but that was just for something like five minutes when I was looking for some information on something.  Half a decade later (or thereabout) I ended up here again.  I’m not sure why, though.  I was probably looking up information on cryptids or something such as that, and then had nothing better to do so I looked around the website a bit more and liked what I saw.  Even with all of the crazy weirdos frequenting the place.  And after a few months I signed up.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 July 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-07-19

I discovered it last evening by looking for some info about the “Feejee mermaid”

Signature 

The world is full of psychic hypnotic creeps
Whatever you do just don’t fall asleep

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Well SixSixteen, you’ve found ALL the hoaxes-ters!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

2 of 2