1 of 3
Machine dated at 400 million years found in Russia
Posted: 08 March 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13

I’m lost for words!

RUSSIA. In the remote Kamchatka peninsula (map below), 200 km from Tigil, University of St. Petersburg archaeologists discovered a strange fossil. The authenticity of the find has been certified. According archaeologist Yuri Golubev, occurs that, in this case the discovery surprised scientists by its nature, at least - unusual, able to change history (or pre-history).

It is not the first time that is an artifact, an ancient object, something like this is found in that region. But, surprisingly conserved, this specific artifact is - at first glance, inlaid in rock (which is understandable since the peninsula is home to numerous volcanoes). Subjected to analysis, the conjunct showed to be made of metal parts that seem to form a mechanism, a gear which may be of a type of watch or computer. The astonishing is that all the pieces were dated in 400 million! of anos.Yury Gobulev commented:

We got a call from the prefec of Tigil. He told us that hikers that were walking in place, found these remains in rock. We went to the place indicated, and initially we not understand what we saw. There were - hundreds of toothed cylinders which appeared to be parts of a machine.

They were in perfect state of conservation, as if they were frozen in a short period of time. It was necessary control the area, because soon the curious began to appear in large numbers. Other scientists, americans geologists, defined the piece as an amazing and mysterious artifact.

Nobody could believe that 400 million years ago could have existed on Earth even a man [even more a machine]. At that time, the forms of vida were very simple, but the finding, [simply] - clearly suggests the existence of intelligent beings capable of such technology. Certainly, such beings would had come from other planets. It is possible that a spaceship can had was damaged [or there was an accident] and it was abandoned in place

It was found also that the parts have reached to the fossilization state in a period of time historicaly and geologically short. Possibly, the “machine” fell into a swamp. Despite the findings, cautious, scientists prefer to consider that the evidences are not definitive - yet. And Gobulev ponders: Refuse the existence of technology [even in past as indented] is a serious mistake because evolution is not linear.

oh oh

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 08 March 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Hmmmm, and I don’t suppose there is any possibility that those could be fossils of some kind of ammonite or similar creature.  Some of those had pretty regular and interesting forms.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 08 March 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah, was gonna say that those looked like ammonites to me. That’s assuming of course that their source is in any way shape or form reliable.. which I doubt.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 08 March 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

It looks like some sort of fossilised coral.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 08 March 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

From the article: 

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-38377423/stock-photo-ammonites-fossils-on-a-flat-grey-stone.html

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 08 March 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

It’s gotta be one of two obvious possibliities

1) Aliens did it

2) It’s the remains of a time machine

Wheres the doctor??

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 09 March 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13

Some kind pf fossilized primitive sea creature was my guess. 400 million years ago, multicellular life was in its infancy, relatively speaking.

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 09 March 2012 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5151
Joined  2005-01-27

I´m sure LaMa will come up with the name of the critter.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 09 March 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Unfairly Balanced - 09 March 2012 04:03 AM

I´m sure LaMa will come up with the name of the critter.

I am an archaeologist, not a paleontologist. Archaeologists only deal with human artifacts.

Which these are not.

With some help of the comments on the Brazialian blog, the identity of the pictured objects has however been established.

In fact, it are specimens of a fossil crinoid (sea-lilly), and the picture is taken directly from Wikicommons:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Laudonomphalus

The latter suggest this is all a hoax.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 09 March 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06
LaMa - 09 March 2012 07:09 AM

With some help of the comments on the Brazialian blog, the identity of the pictured objects has however been established.

In fact, it are specimens of a fossil crinoid (sea-lilly)

More exactly, it are stem-fragments of a stemmed crinoid. This type of stem-segment is pictured in a.o.: Jean le Menn (1987), Growth patterns and evolutionary trends of Devonian crinoid columns. Geobios nr. 20, 811-829 (link, full paper behind Elsevier paywall).

Crinoids are not plants, but very primitive animals that live on corals.

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 09 March 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Very similar crinoid stem segments (from: Gluchowski, E. 1993. Crinoid assemblages in the Polish Givetian and Frasnian.
Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 38, 1/2, 35-92.)

Image Attachments
Crinoid_stems.jpg
 Signature 

———

Posted: 09 March 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I have some fossilised crinoids somewhere, but mine are pretty small!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 3