Only because it is you, Acci, dear…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 02 March 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I want to leap back into February.  This month isn’t starting out so good.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 March 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

What’s wrong, gray?

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 04 March 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
Madmouse - 04 March 2012 01:44 PM

What’s wrong, gray?

Just a wild guess here, but I don’t think the month is starting out too well for Gray.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 08 March 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Ohhhh nothing in particular.  The weather was crappy, my bosses at work were beign a pain, the usual stuff.  At least the weather has gottten better since then.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Well another weekend at work.  At least it’s nice and peaceful around here on the weekends because everyone else is off.  Although there are a couple of classes of rather good looking flight attendants to ogle should I decide to venture out of the office.  wink

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 10 March 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13

I don’t have nice peaceful weekends at work. I have days like last night and today and tomorrow, which involve carrying large desks and office furniture down staircases. Still, I don’t work many weekends, and I’m off two days next week.

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Speaking of nice weekends… weather’s absolutely gorgeous here, and I have the majority of my homework done.  Just have a couple of things to finish before Monday.  Also, I’ve used all of my work study hours, so while I’ll miss having that little bit of extra income, it’ll be nice to just be able to concentrate on school assignments.  smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Is this the program you’re part of or one like it?  http://www.collegeanswer.com/paying-for-college/other-ways-to-pay/federal-work-study-program.aspx

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Basically something like that, Huli.  The nice thing about work study is that it’s a grant, not a loan, so I don’t have to pay it back.  And it’s not really given to me, I earn it by working someplace that’s partnered with the school—in my case, the Salvation Army’s thrift store.  It was nice because I was earning more than minimum wage, so paychecks were actually pretty decent.  And the store was really good about working around my school schedule.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 11 March 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

With the nice weather coming on I think I’ll dig out my smoker this week and make up some jerky.  I’ve had a craving for some for a while not but it’s been too cold to smoke it properly.  Going to try some smoked cheese too this year.  That should be interesting and if it turns out it will definitely be on the menu again in the future.  smile

Signature 

My blog
My Website

2 of 4