7 most dangerous fashion items for your health
Posted: 29 February 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Robin Bobcat - 29 February 2012 06:25 AM
hulitoons - 27 February 2012 06:50 PM

I’m guessing that employee was properly disciplined?

“Y’know Bob.. we *could* prosecute you for removing that from the building and whatnot… but we think having to explain to your girlfriend that you gave her some extremely radioactive jewelry is gonna be punishment enough…”

Well, we did never see him again after that, so maybe. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 March 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29
hulitoons - 29 February 2012 06:53 AM

Yes, I’ve had a few umbrellas that I had to wrestle to the ground in strong winds!

I’m also trying to think of stuff NOT on that list so let’s see:

1.  Underwire bras - the wire works loose and then stabs the wearer OR the underwires cause blistering along their path OR some styles of underwire bras for more developed women are sometimes too wide (the manufacturer believes that along with development there is an additional height spurt) so the wire gouges into the armpit or into the upper arm!

Actually, getting poked by underwires is usually an indication that you’ve got the wrong size.  Or, as you say, the design is wrong - I had a couple of bras that were perfectly fitted for me in store, but when I got to wearing them on a daily basis, found that the bra itself didn’t feel as comfortable, and the underwires were digging in.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 01 March 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I hate when the underwire escapes and creeps out of my cleavage. I look like a spy with an ineptly concealed microphone…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 01 March 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02
Madmouse - 01 March 2012 06:51 AM

I hate when the underwire escapes and creeps out of my cleavage. I look like a spy with an ineptly concealed microphone…

LOL LOL LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 01 March 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Crafty Dragon - 01 March 2012 01:44 PM

LOL LOL LOL

OMG HOW TRUE!!! And if you pull it out, discretely in public, one whole side suddenly just…falls!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 01 March 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I look like a spy with an ineptly concealed microphone…

Right, you expect us to believe that that’s not what you are?  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 March 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

A friend of mine talked of some issues during her pregnancy that she couldn’t understand & her doctors couldn’t explain.  She did not breastfeed her first child, her milk never came in.  She was asking me some things about trying the second time around and halfway through the second pregnancy said, “FEEL THIS!” And shoved my hand in her armpit.  There was this massive, hard, bulby things under her skin.  She went to the doctor & had them drained.  It was milk/colostrum.  She DOES lactate…but for some reason the milk was stuck & couldn’t get past the side of her breast.  The doctor didn’t really say why this happened, but when my friend said she wore underwires from the time she was 12 (even to SLEEP IN )...we just kind of figured she may have pinched off the ducts with the wire.  Really gross.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 02 March 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I don’t know, maybe that caused it. 

My little sister had a similar problem with her first (and only) birth where it appeared she had no milk but not only did her armpit swell, but the appearance of a protrusion appeared too so she ran to the doctor who determined that the protrusion was in fact a ‘nipple’ attempting to develop over where her milk was!  I had NEVER heard of such a thing.  However, my sister does wear a bra but it must be like a triple A because she appears to have barely anything at all so I’m pretty sure there are no wires in what she does wear but it’s possible she doesn’t wear a bra at all and just an undershirt.

However, this made me curious to I did the usual Google search:

http://www.bigbra.com/underwire.php

The first problem with underwire bras is that all underwire bras are made of a plastic coated metal. According to Dr. George Goodheart author of Chinese Lessons For Modern Chiropractors, Goodheart found that it is possible to tape a small metal ball onto an AcuPoint (acupuncture point), and accomplish longer-term stimulation to that point. The BBs are used by thousands of doctors daily. Metal that is constantly on a given point on the human body may cause problems. One critical factor is where the metal is, and what that point ties to in terms of the human psychophysiology. For the underwires in Bras, the wires fall directly onto two very important NeuroLymphatic Reflexes. The one goes to the Liver and Gall Bladder. The other goes to the Stomach.

Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D., Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, (Bantom Books 2002; page 344) writes “Stop wearing an underwire bra.” Too often this kind of bra cuts off circulation of both blood and lymph fluid around the breast, chest wall, and surrounding tissue.

Dr. Jesse Hanley, M.D., in her book: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause, (Warner Books, 1999), Dr. Hanley encourages her patients not to wear underwire bras or even tight bras, except for special occasions because they block the lymph glands under the arms, around the breast and chest wall. “Lymph glands play an important role in draining toxins from the breast.”

Nursing bras are made to access the breast for convenient nursing. Nursing bras are available in soft cup and the underwire versions, but underwires can constrict the breast and cause either blocked ducts or mastitis, the inflammation of the mammary glands. Wearing an underwire nursing bra while sleeping carries a high risk of mastitis.

Are all underwire bras bad? No, Suzanne™ bras give that extra support with out wires. However, many women feel that underwires give them extra support. Often women find that the underwires pop out of the underwire bra. It is often a sign that the bra band size may be too large. If the band is moving around the body, this friction wears down the casing or underwire channeling and this can create a hole for the wire to pop out.

Another reason why the wires may pop out is due to the manufacture or care of the bra. The fabric sewn over underwires inside a bra, called channeling, is sometimes made of cotton. Washing in hot water can shrink the channeling and force the underwire to pop out. The manufacturer may not have sewn enough stitches to close the underwire channel and the underwire has been able to pop out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-182372/Is-bra-bad-you.html

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 March 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

One of the worst fashion offenders is tongue piercings.  The metal balls create microfractures in the teeth from simply coming into contact with your teeth.  Over time, you can get not just cavities but breaking teeth that must be pulled.

Oral piercing and dental problems

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 02 March 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
Bebelicious - 02 March 2012 12:58 PM

One of the worst fashion offenders is tongue piercings.  The metal balls create microfractures in the teeth from simply coming into contact with your teeth.  Over time, you can get not just cavities but breaking teeth that must be pulled.

Oral piercing and dental problems

One of the guys here at work has a tongue piercing and it makes him sound like he has a lisp when he talks.  It’s really strange.  I have no idea why he would do it but I guess he likes it.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 03 March 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I watched someone’s kid while she had her teeth repaired from the damage of her tongue ring.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

2 of 2