2 of 2
ANY BODY HEARD OF TremorSoothe? 
Posted: 22 February 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Never thought forum regulars would be going down this particular path, but fine.

(giant rant deleted)

Got anything that proves otherwise? Fine, let’s have it. Until then;

Homeopathy. Does. Not. Work.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 22 February 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 22 February 2012 01:57 PM

Never thought forum regulars would be going down this particular path, but fine.

(giant rant deleted)

Got anything that proves otherwise? Fine, let’s have it. Until then;

Homeopathy. Does. Not. Work.

I too believe Homeopathy does not work. But I don’t have a problem with being told to frame responses with the request to prove that it works or to say I haven’t seen any real evidence to prove it works (or even to say the so called evidence they have supplied is nonsense, with the appropriate reason).

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 22 February 2012 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Why do homeopaths think that the only ingredient in their potion that works is the one they put there rather than all the other substances that also exist in similar proportions? Maybe all the ailments they claim to treat are cured by fish piss.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 22 February 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

The experiment revealed that homeopathy has no physiological effect on the body. James Randi got to keep his $1 million and the hundreds of thousands of people who rely on homeopathic remedies will be left wondering if it’s they who are out of pocket.

LINK

Homeopathic remedies are made by taking an ingredient, such as arsenic, and diluting it down so far that there is not a single molecule left in the dose that you get. The ingredients are selected on the basis of like cures like, so that a substance that causes sweating at normal doses, for example, would be used to treat sweating.

Many people confuse homeopathy with herbalism and do not realise just how far homeopathic remedies are diluted. The typical dilution is called “30C”: this means that the original substance has been diluted by 1 drop in 100, 30 times. On the Society of Homeopaths site, in their “What is homeopathy?” section, they say that “30C contains less than 1 part per million of the original substance.”

This is an understatement: a 30C homeopathic preparation is a dilution of 1 in 10030, or rather 1 in 1060, which means a 1 followed by 60 zeroes, or - let’s be absolutely clear - a dilution of 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000.

To phrase that in the Society of Homeopaths’ terms, we should say: “30C contains less than one part per million million million million million million million million million million of the original substance.”

At a homeopathic dilution of 100C, which they sell routinely, and which homeopaths claim is even more powerful than 30C, the treating substance is diluted by more than the total number of atoms in the universe.

Many homeopaths also claim they can transmit homeopathic remedies over the internet, in CDs, down the telephone, through a computer, or in a piece of music. Peter Chappell, whose work will feature at a conference organised by the Society of Homeopaths next month, makes dramatic claims about his ability to solve the Aids epidemic using his own homeopathic pills called “PC Aids”, and his specially encoded music. “Right now,” he says, “Aids in Africa could be significantly ameliorated by a simple tune played on the radio.”

Ben Goldacre

If a patient went to a homeopath complaining of insomnia (trouble sleeping), the homeopath would look for a remedy which caused the same symptoms in a healthy person and use it in homeopathic dilution to treat the insomnia patient: Caffeine, for example, would be considered a useful ingredient in an insomnia remedy. The premise is that by introducing something that causes the same symptoms as the condition, it will cause the body’s immune system to remove whatever was cauing the original symptoms. This has in no way been proven to be a natural law.

Hahnemann came to this conclusion after taking chinchona bark extract which caused him to develop fever-like symptoms similar to those caused by malaria. Chinchona bark extract was a known treatment for malaria and so Hahnemann devised the like cures like hypothesis from this observation. Chinchona, however, does not produce these symptoms in most people so it has been suggested that Hahnemann was allergic to one of the compounds in the extract. If so, this means that a key aspect of homeopathy is based on a false conclusion.

LINK

According to the fundamentals of homeopathy, medicines are made “by diluting the remedy and succussing (shaking) it. All homeopathic medicines are ‘potentized’, i.e. diluted and succussed. This method of preparation imparts considerable energy to each substance.” The curative power of any substance is “imprinted” on water through contact and agitation, and its effectiveness is increased by dilution.

But if this is indeed how homeopathic remedies are made, you wouldn’t need to buy Boiron’s Oscillococcinum. In fact, you shouldn’t need to buy any homeopathic remedies at all because a glass of tap water would contain the curative powers of every element and substance on the planet. After billions of years, every element, molecule, compound and substance has been in contact with water at some point, and been subsequently agitated and diluted. Rocks release chemicals into the water of a rushing river; a leaf falls into a lake; rivers pour these dilute solutions into the oceans where they are agitated and diluted even more; and on and on for billions of years.

If homeopathic fundamentals were real, every mouthful of water we drank would provide us with the curative benefit of every substance that any amount of water came in contact with—ever. Every mouthful would contain all the medicinal power of every product in Boiron’s catalog. If homeopathy worked and Boiron truly cared about our welfare, they would simply stop selling their “remedies” and encourage us all—as our mothers did—to drink more water.

LINK

What’s the Harm?

How Does Homeopathy Work?

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5151
Joined  2005-01-27
Madmouse - 22 February 2012 06:26 PM

Why do homeopaths think that the only ingredient in their potion that works is the one they put there rather than all the other substances that also exist in similar proportions? Maybe all the ailments they claim to treat are cured by fish piss.

It´s the trace elements of dino pee that do the trick. That shit is very very powerfull after all those eons.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Madmouse’s points would be pretty much the essence of the huge long rant I deleted in favor of a more rational and concise statement of the matter.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 October 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-10-24

Yes and it works for me
I suffer from Cervical Dystonia/Spasmodic Torticollis with head tremor and muscle spasms
I ordered Tremor Soothe from the internet and saw immediate results.
I was very sceptical given that it is a homeopathic remedy but it really does alleviate my symptoms.

2 of 2