1 of 2
ANY BODY HEARD OF TremorSoothe? 
Posted: 21 February 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-21

Hi,
This is being promoted as:
http://www.althealthcare.com/p1311/TremorSoothe-Temporarily-Controls-Shakes,-Tremors-and-Muscle-Spasms/product_info.html
“TremorSoothe is a safe, non-addictive, natural herbal remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients especially selected to temporarily control shakes, tremors, twitches and muscle spasms. TremorSoothe should be taken at the first sign of symptoms for the short-term improvement of muscular-skeletal and nervous system health. TremorSoothe is taken internally and works to support the neurological messages sent to various parts of the body including the hands, feet, arms, legs, torso, and face. Presented in small dissolvable tablets, TremorSoothe is easy to ingest and hassle-free with no artificial colors or preservatives.

TremorSoothe Temporarily:

Controls shaking and spasms
  Reduces twitches and tremors
  Calms the entire nervous system
  Improves the stability of muscular function”
Also “TremorSoothe is a homeopathic remedy registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) “

Has any one any experience of this product? Is it genuine or a hoax?
Thanks

Posted: 21 February 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

It’s probably a genuine product, but being homeopathic it won’t work. wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 21 February 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

H2O

*sigh*

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 21 February 2012 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-21

OK and thanks for the prompt reply

Posted: 22 February 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

I suspect it is useless.

Cannabis is currently a suggested treatment for tremors in MS sufferers.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-we-know-about-ms/treatments/complementary—alternative-medicine/marijuana/index.aspx

It is also “easy to ingest and hassle-free with no artificial colors or preservatives”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treatment_of_multiple_sclerosis#Medical_treatments_for_symptoms It has been formultaed into Sativex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabiximols Which is available in some countries, but not those who still consider Cannabis a danger to society.

Posted: 22 February 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

It’s homeopathic, so yeah, it is useless.

As for cannabis, woo for California! Sadly of course, you get a LOT of folks abusing such a privilage. It’s a bit like saying ‘we want to help homeless people’; everyone thinks of the filthy guy who begs for change outside the 7/11, not the family who’ve been living out of their car since their house was foreclosed.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 22 February 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5801
Joined  2004-11-11

BTW, the ingredients: (It’s almost poetic.)

TremorSoothe contains the following homeopathic ingredients in therapeutic dosages and equal parts:

Stramonium (6C) is best suited to those who desire light and prefer not to be alone. Symptoms tend to worsen in solitude, with the head feeling as if it is scattered about. Twitching of single muscles or groups of muscles, especially in the upper part of body, may occur.
  Mag. phos. (D6) is a salt with an affinity for the nervous system, and a deficiency can result in cramps and spasms. It is fast-acting to quickly relieve muscular twitches, hiccups, cramps, and sharp twinges of pain. Symptoms are usually worse from cold and touch, and improve with heat and pressure, such as massage.
  Agaricus muscarius (6C) is an ingredient of a remedy proved by Dr. Stapf in 1928. People who would benefit from this remedy are commonly anxious, fearful, and generally nervous. Physically, they may be clumsy, twitchy, and sensitive to cold and damp weather. Symptoms tend to worsen after sexual intercourse, before thunderstorms, or after eating. Symptoms usually improve with slow movement, sleep, and warmth.
  Tarentula (6C) is most effective for twitchiness of the limbs and jerking of muscles. It is commonly beneficial to people that are affected by music, impatience that borders on nervousness, a sense of urgency, and a feeling of not being able to sit still. Frequently individuals suiting this remedy find themselves sick with restlessness that prevents them from getting rest, which frequently extends the period of convalescence. Conditions that make the symptoms worse include cold weather, change of weather, and noise. Factors that tend to improve symptoms include massage, music, fresh air, and rest.

Lactose (inactive ingredient)

Signature 

http://www.truovrld.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 February 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Tru - 22 February 2012 10:14 AM

Lactose (inactive ingredient)

LOL LOL LOL

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 22 February 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Madmouse - 21 February 2012 04:04 PM

Robin Bobcat - 21 February 2012 04:04 PM

These two people have clearly devoted their entire lives to trying and double blind testing homeopathic remedies.  I’m glad we have two such experts telling us whether or not certain medicines will have the desired efferct!

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 22 February 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21
Sharruma - 22 February 2012 10:49 AM
Madmouse - 21 February 2012 04:04 PM

Robin Bobcat - 21 February 2012 04:04 PM

These two people have clearly devoted their entire lives to trying and double blind testing homeopathic remedies.  I’m glad we have two such experts telling us whether or not certain medicines will have the desired efferct!

The point is, those people selling homeopathic medicines ( & claiming such medicines are effective ) are the ones with the onus to prove their claims ( with such tools as double blind testing ).  It isn’t up to people who doubt the medicines work to prove they don’t work.

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 22 February 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Perhaps, but making blanket comments such as, oh it’s homeopathic, therefore it won’t work are disingenuous at best.

I’ll admit, I’m still unsure that most homeopathic medicine can possibly work. But I wouldn’t go around saying it definitely won’t work as if I’d gotten a PHD on the subject. I would answer ‘I don’t know,’ because thats the truth! I don’t know, I haven’t tried the item in question. Chances are I won’t try it because I don’t have the ailment it’s prescribed to cure. I definitely wouldn’t say it doesn’t work, unless I hear overwhelmingly from people who have tried it properly and who then report it doesn’t work!

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 22 February 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21
Sharruma - 22 February 2012 11:21 AM

Perhaps, but making blanket comments such as, oh it’s homeopathic, therefore it won’t work are disingenuous at best.

True, the proper response for doubters who hear the claims of the pro-homeopathy crowd is “prove it”;  not “it doesn’t work”.  As soon as they state “it doesn’t work”, they are making a conter claim & be asked for their proof.

Speaking from personal experience, I have a close friend who received her doctorate in homeopathic medicine & I allowed her to treat my exczema homeopathically.  Regular doctors treated me with a topical steroid that did eliminate the exczema as long as I applied it a couple times a week.

This went on for about 4 years until she treated me with her homeopathic mdicines,  and the exczema hasn’t returned.  I wouldn’t claim my one case is proof homeopathy works, likely it was the placebo effect or a coincidence.  She has since abandoned homeopathy, since I was her only patient that had positive results after her treatments.

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

1 of 2