3 of 3
Rick Santorum sucks “Facts” (= outrageous lies) about euthanasia in the Netherlands out of his thumbs
Posted: 24 February 2012 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

Yep, like every body else. He has the same rights. However there is “custody” thing if you are “wilsonbekwaam” (not able to do or say as you want).
One thing is clear state wise. He is not second in line any more since he married Mabel (being accused of being of “ill repute”). He choose her instead of being second in line of the throne. Which gives him cred.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 26 February 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Unfairly Balanced - 24 February 2012 11:17 AM

Yep, like every body else. He has the same rights. However there is “custody” thing if you are “wilsonbekwaam” (not able to do or say as you want).
One thing is clear state wise. He is not second in line any more since he married Mabel (being accused of being of “ill repute”). He choose her instead of being second in line of the throne. Which gives him cred.

There was a piece in the NRC last weekend. Apparently, if he gets in a vegetative state with no expectation of improvement after several months, it is permitted to end active life support.

Yet, with the Christian background of the Royal family and princess Mabel, and their position in our country (and the current political role of the conservative Christian Union), I don’t see that happen. I think the poor guy will be kept a living dead for years until his body finally gives up.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 26 February 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Okay, turning back On-Topic:

video: MSNBC talkshow that points out how much these Santorum lies have offended the Dutch.

Video is a talk between Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, and Erik Mouthaan, US correspondant for the Dutch RTL TV News.

Not only does it cover the fact that none of Santorum’s statements are true, but it discusses how his statements have been received by the Dutch public and Dutch politicians.

There is some pressure on the government from the major Dutch opposition party, about diplomatic action towards the US in this. Which shows how seriously offended we Dutch are by all of this.

Oh: and in case any American goes “Nah, what do we care if the Dutch are angry with us…”: we Dutch are the third largest investor in your country, investing 259.4 Billion dollars in the US economy in 2009. So you don’t want your future US President to piss us off. If we stop investing in you, your economy will be hurt and you will feel it.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 26 February 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Actually I *don’t* care if Santorum pisses off the Dutch… because if he gets elected, I’m moving to Canada.

Seriously though, the guy’s pretty much annoying *everyone* at this point. The only reason he’s doing well in polls is because he’s blowing the ‘biblical family values’ trumpet as hard as he can.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 February 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

Awesome video Lama smile
Perfect follow-up

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

3 of 3