1 of 1
Don’t wash your jeans? 
Posted: 02 February 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  740
Joined  2006-12-06

More and more I hear people talk about ‘waterless jeans’. This concept has been known for decades by men all over the world cheese, but now the jeans manufacturers are getting on the bandwagon.

Levi Strauss suggests washing jeans rarely, if at all — the theory being that putting them in the freezer will kill germs that cause them to smell.

Source

Any of the more science-minded MoHers wanna shed a light on this one? Is it bull or is there some truth to it?

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 02 February 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Why do you want them to smell?

It’s true Jeans will smell if you don’t wash them, but that sort of why people DO wash them.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 02 February 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, I remember there was some experimentation done on the ISS concerning never-change underwear. Contains some activated charcoal, but also copper fibers, to prevent bacterial growth.

But yes, most any batchelor will tell you he’s worn the same pair of jeans for a week. Or more.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 03 February 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Not that any of this matters with the crappy denim you get on most “jeans” these days. I’m a selvedge fan, but that stuff is expensive. Much nicer though than the basic tat you get.

1 of 1