1 of 1
see me rot
Posted: 25 January 2012 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-25

Hey guys, theres a website called seemerot.com which is supposed to be a live webcam feee inside a coffin showing the process of decomposition throughout time. however i’m unsure of the legitimacy of this website. anyone care to shed some light?

Posted: 25 January 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

It’s been around a while, and it’s fake.  You can read the Museum’s write-up here. smile

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 January 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-25

Thanks for that dude, thats been bothering me for a while.

Posted: 26 January 2012 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Hey, it’s what we’re here for. You’d be amazed at the number of times folks have discovered some old hoax site.

In general, if you find yourself saying “Whoa, that’s so weird, there’s no way that’s a real thing’, it’s a good idea to check here and on Snopes.com. Even just searching whatever the item is with ‘fake’ or ‘hoax’, you may pull up something more legitimate. A little skeptical thinking goes a long way on the internet, and if you find out that the weird thign is actually 100% legitimate, that makes it even weirder!

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 26 January 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

Yup, We (who don´t excist) are the real deal.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 1