1 of 1
I came. I saw. IKEA’d
Posted: 03 January 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

Guess who’s too heavy for the old office chair (that made a snap sound on the weekend). On inspection I managed to break a weld. I have to stop my habit of falling asleep in my office chair.

Did I mention they make nice hotdogs at IKEA? I bought this bag of coffee. I can’t easily remember the name (BRYGGKAFFE MELLANROST) but the coffee smells nice.

The coffee is allegadley “UTZ certified”. I just wish my love life was “UTZ certified” except I have no idea what that means.

I picked up this bargain. My new office chair is a fraction of the price I paid for my old one. It’s fake leather though, my old one was a cloth covered thang. This new one is starting to give off a “soapy smell” in this hot weather. I hope that doesn’t last too long.

If I ever stop renting and actually buy my own home it will likely be a shrine to IKEA (and Apple).

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 03 January 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

We’re probably not far from you Peter.  We go to IKEA often because it’s fairly nearby.  This past weekend I fell in love with this lamp (I was able to pull this image off the internet rather than taking a photo of my own) and put it above our loft bed (our ceiling is 12’) and I can almost reach up and touch it while laying down.  The entire time I was putting it up though FuzzyButt was in his bed condo puffed up and, yes, ‘growling’....and it’s pretty interesting to hear a parrot growl!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 January 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I didn’t see the lamps this time. I’ll have to look at them the next time I go.

I think half the city of Melbourne (where I live in Australia) must go there. And we have two IKEA’s now.

I’ll have to make mention of when I try that coffee. People must be curious about it helping me with my manly ways.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 24 January 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Well I finally tried that BRYGGKAFFE MELLANROST coffee I bought from IKEA. In a word…..BLEHHHH.

I’ll soon be driving off to buy the coffee I normally drink at home. It just won’t be from IKEA.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 22 February 2012 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-22

BRYGGKAFFE MELLANROST?? no, this is not the best choice, in my view. I prefer Swedish Lofbergs Lilla.

Signature 

Stay Always Connected with a mobile phone signal booster
Things cannot be Perfect. Most Popular Mobile Repeaters

Posted: 22 February 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Hmmmm, I think I’ll have to try BOTH!  Which is the deeper brew?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 February 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 22 February 2012 02:50 PM

Hmmmm, I think I’ll have to try BOTH!  Which is the deeper brew?

I can’t remember if that other coffee was there. Then again the IKEA I go to is in Australia so it would be different where you are. Try the IKEA web site to see what’s there.

The coffee I normally buy is Antico Special Moka but I don’t know if that’s sold in the US.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 1