Happy New Year - 2012 is Finally Here!
Posted: 18 January 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Or the endless supply of shovels.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 January 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Just looking at the current crop of profile spammers.. It’s amazing how much of a niche market some of them are. Trying to bump up your Google hits for property rentals in a single city?? Really? I’d have thought there would be more money in ‘enhancement’ nostrums and knockoff handbags… Of course, this is the fault of advertising firms who see nothing wrong with ‘increasing web presence’ for their clients. Bastards.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 January 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . Huh. That’s a new one. I just had an ‘airpot’ of coffee detonate. Was carrying it from the back to the coffee stand when it made a loud *bang* and started gushing hot coffee and shards of glass out the bottom. Go figure.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 19 January 2012 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

That’s some strong coffee.  Do your guests ever complain about their insides rotting out?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 January 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 19 January 2012 08:38 AM

. . . Huh. That’s a new one. I just had an ‘airpot’ of coffee detonate. Was carrying it from the back to the coffee stand when it made a loud *bang* and started gushing hot coffee and shards of glass out the bottom. Go figure.

Did any of it get on you? I hope you’re OK.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 19 January 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Robin Bobcat - 19 January 2012 08:38 AM

gray - 19 January 2012 08:55 AM

That’s some strong coffee.  Do your guests ever complain about their insides rotting out?

I’m really sorry….............I have to get up off the floor now…......well at some point, that one clearly knocked me down!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 19 January 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh.. I’m fine. Barely got splashed.. Still, inside of the pot looks like a repository for every broken christmas tree ornament in the world…

And Peter? That was the DECAF….

Signature 

Posted: 19 January 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 19 January 2012 03:20 PM

Eh.. I’m fine. Barely got splashed.. Still, inside of the pot looks like a repository for every broken christmas tree ornament in the world…

And Peter? That was the DECAF….

Good to hear you’re fine. Maybe you should keep that pot as a Christmas decoration.

I’m just about to make some filtered coffee in your honour. Well, I was going to make it anyway.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 20 January 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, broken glass just seems to be my ‘thing’ these days….

Got off work this morning, went to my car. It seems that in the middle of the night, some miscreant had smashed a window and stolen a few of the goodies inside.

Items stolen were fairly minor, but replacable… if baffling. Why the heck would they take the child-size pool cue?? My cane? *sigh*

Anyway.. that’s not the worst of it.

It seems that the small back ‘vent’ windows on Buicks are hard to come by, being a favored target of thieves. I have to wonder if some perverted conscience has them wanting it to be ‘cheap’ to repair the damage they’ve done, but the fact is, they’re ungodly expensive. At a whopping *$750.00*, it literally would have been three times cheaper if they had gone in through the windshield.

So yeah, I am NOT happy. Got some duct tape and cardboard for now. Eventual plans to include a bit of plexiglass and epoxy to hold it in.

Signature 

Posted: 21 January 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Checked the junkyards?  Might be able to pull something off an old car for a decent price.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 January 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

That’s the plan. Trick is finding the one junkyard that has a 15-year old car part…

Of course, this is the modern age of the internet…. I wonder if they catalog such things now.

. . .

Huh. Ok.. I can get the window for about $70, plus shipping. Score!

Signature 

7 of 8