4 of 5
Site Update
Posted: 05 January 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I don’t always get logged out, but have to login every couple of days from both my netbook and iPad.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 05 January 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

I logged in at work to check something out, and found I had to log in again when I got home.  Hmmm…I also logged on using my phone late last night, and now my phone’s been logged out.  So maybe there’s some setting preventing login at multiple locations?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 22 February 2012 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Yay! The Visitor Statistics box is back at the bottom of the forum. But we’re all still anonymous.

And it looks like Alex is tweaking the front page a little bit again.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah. I do like the new design.. a little clearer..

.. not as happy about some of the ads, though. I mean, I know Alex has to pay the bills and all, but ew. I’m a little worried that since Google uses ‘context sensative’ ads, given some of our discussions, we will be seeing advertisements for telepathic crystal dolphin enemas or something. I would greatly prefer to avoid giving such things as little attention as possible.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 February 2012 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13
Robin Bobcat - 23 February 2012 01:43 AM

Yeah. I do like the new design.. a little clearer..

.. not as happy about some of the ads, though. I mean, I know Alex has to pay the bills and all, but ew. I’m a little worried that since Google uses ‘context sensative’ ads, given some of our discussions, we will be seeing advertisements for telepathic crystal dolphin enemas or something. I would greatly prefer to avoid giving such things as little attention as possible.

Was that an intentional double negative?

I haven’t looked back since getting my telepathic crystal dolphin enema. It’s made my life worthwhile.

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 23 February 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

No, no it’s not. I’m tired, and brain not think good.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 23 February 2012 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

If there are any truly offensive ads, let Alex know.  (Un?)fortunately, Alex tweaked the moderator accounts some time ago so that we don’t get to view the ads when we’re logged in.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Eh, I can cope with what we’ve got so far, though I did see one ad that I suspect was a scientologist site…

Hmmm.. I think whatever this latest update did, it’s letting a LOT of spammers register. Seeing some very suspect names, and they’re changing fast.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Actually, that’s not true, Robin.  I finished deleting a lot of spammy profiles about half an hour ago, and there doesn’t appear to be any new registrations.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I’ve started seeing the ads again, but not all the time.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 February 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Ah.. It must be that I was seeing the ‘new users’ changing rapidly because the old spammers were being thrown into the snake pit out back.

Signature 

4 of 5

‹‹ Merry Christmas      Razela: Happy Birthday! ››