2 of 5
Site Update
Posted: 22 December 2011 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

I thought it was more of a “Did anyone see what I just did?” look. 

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 December 2011 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I keep having to log back in, despite the ‘remember me’ box being ticked.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 December 2011 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

Ditto what Robin said.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 25 December 2011 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

I had to login, too…I think the last time I had to log in manually was over a week ago - possibly after the site update went through.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 December 2011 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

Me too, and I wasn’t able to log in at all for a couple of hours this evening. I’ve been staying logged in on the ipad but having to redo it when using the pc or netbook.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 25 December 2011 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’d asked Shawna about this too on FaceBook.  I couldn’t log in on my desktop but was still logged in on my laptop so I was still able to get in.  No matter what I did on the desktop though, it refused to recognize my auto login and even when I removed everything and started fresh it still wouldn’t let me. 

Just now I had to login on my laptop and thankfully it all worked.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 December 2011 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

Hmm…I’ve had to login again, as well as having to login for the admin panel so I can delete spammy profiles.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 26 December 2011 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Sounds like whatever cookie the login info is using is really short-lived. Failing that, the new software doesn’t like when you log in from another sources…

Hmmm… the ‘sessionid’ and ‘tracker’ cookies for MOH are very short-term, expiring when you leave, but everything else is showing several months to a year duration.

Go figure.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 26 December 2011 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9101
Joined  2008-03-02

I’ve had to log in a few times in the last few hours after refreshing the MOH page (I keep a tab open for it).  However, I’ve had no problems actually logging in.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 26 December 2011 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

I’ve been logged out within the same evening two or three times. It seems like a timeout setting has been set to a short length of time.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 26 December 2011 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, unless that timeout is set to less than six hours, then I *think* it may be if you log in from another device.

Oh! I know how to check this! I’m going to pop off here, and check the site from my cellphone! BRB!

Edit: Nope! Still logged in. Good idea, though!

Signature 

2 of 5

‹‹ Merry Christmas      Razela: Happy Birthday! ››