9 of 10
November 30th - Happy National Day, Benin!
Posted: 24 December 2011 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Perhaps you are no longer really ON Earth Acci….....................................

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 24 December 2011 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Or maybe that continental drift is finally doing its job and bringing you closer to me?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 24 December 2011 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

We had a few very warm days, too.. mind, the nights have been frosty.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 December 2011 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

It’s not very cold here, but it’s wet and very very windy.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 25 December 2011 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

We’re getting some perfect Summer weather at the moment - not too hot, sunny, fine, light breezes, wafting through open windows…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 25 December 2011 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

And I bet it even smells sweet….........

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 December 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, this is Australia, so it probably smells like eucalyptus and sheep…

I am reminded of a whle back when the utility companies were trimming trees, including the big eucalyptus about fifty yards from my house. Strong stuff, that. Made the entire park smell like a medicine cabinet for about a week.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 26 December 2011 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

We have eucalyptus branches with leaves for FuzzyButt to chew on so they are both in the bedroom and down here.  I had to order these which were supposed to assist in his chewing on himself and also repel small insects.  The fragrance from these are pretty pungent BUT, FuzzyButt does NOT like them (the small insects apparently don’t either).

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2011 07:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Might cedar be more to his liking?

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2011 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

cedar is considered dangerous for parrots.  I bought the eucalyptus branches with leaves from a parrot online site.

http://www.mdvaden.com/bird_page.shtml  gives list of perch woods not suitable or believed to be harmful.

Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2011 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

I just got to talk to a friend of mine who I haven’t spoken to in about 20 years, since just after I moved here.  She found me on Facebook.  grin  And she’s also friends with another of our good friends from back then, so I sent her a friend request.

Y’know, even though Facebook is kind of a pain in the neck sometimes, other times, it’s pretty awesome!

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

9 of 10