8 of 10
November 30th - Happy National Day, Benin!
Posted: 18 December 2011 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

Just sets and collectible minifigures at this time. Though they have also recently announced a partnership with DC Comics and Marvel Comics. They previously held rights to Batman, but that is now expanding.

And I am sure that video games for the new properties will soon follow, too. They’ve done well with all the other properties they have the rights to having Traveler’s Tales make them into games.

Squee again!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 19 December 2011 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Huh! That’ll be interesting.. Lego Justice League, perhaps?

Oooh.. thought - one of the sets could be Ma and Pa Kent, with a car and crashed pod, as well as one of those micro-figures of baby Kal-El…

Personally, I wanna get my paws on some of the microfigures. They’d be awesome as gaming minis. Add the lego spiders, snakes, and rats, and you’d have some quality dungeoning. I do like that Heroica game, mind, but it’s a trifle simple for adult tastes.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 December 2011 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Ooh, I want Lego Hobbitses! grin

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 19 December 2011 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Ooh, I want Lego Hobbitses! grin

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 19 December 2011 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I saw a Lego dragon at a luncheon I went to yesterday.  I’m sure there are some characters around here who would love that as a present.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 December 2011 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29
gray - 19 December 2011 11:33 AM

I saw a Lego dragon at a luncheon I went to yesterday.  I’m sure there are some characters around here who would love that as a present.

Couldn’t imagine who would want anything like that round here…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 23 December 2011 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Urgh.. looks like the spammer volume is up, probably to try and divert searches of last-minute shoppers and such.

Still, I’m always astounded by the totally *random* things that get spammed. Some of it is so *specific* - legal services in Wyoming, or weddign photographers in Detroit… I think what it probably is that a lot of small-time business owners have simply paid an ‘online marketing’ firm to increase their search results/web presence/etc. without knowing exactly how it’s happening..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 23 December 2011 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Either I see very little (or any) spam, or else I mentally and successfully filter it out…................ Robin where are you see all this?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 23 December 2011 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

New member list. Lots of folks with names that do not inspire confidence - either profile spammers, or ones who wait a week before depositing their steaming load of links upon our site…

Signature 

Posted: 23 December 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

.......ah ha!..........

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 24 December 2011 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

We’ve been having record highs here for several weeks now.  It is Christmas Eve, several days on into Winter, and there are flowers blooming all over the place outside.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

8 of 10