4 of 4
Currently…
Posted: 28 November 2011 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Most folks don’t get real personal on FaceBook.  If you want to really write about your true feelings in a kind of diary set up, you just start a blog on servers like Lycos etc.  The ONLY people interested in what you have to say, regardless, are your friends.  We humans are oddly predictable folks.  Each of us is more keenly interested in what we, ourselves, have to say than what anyone else (especially strangers) have to say and then how those we care about react to what we’ve said.  We need the attention because that gives us a connection we need.

If you watch FaceBook pages you’ll note that what you’ve posted is likely only seen by a very few number of people within the few short hours it’s actually visible.  Of those, only another few, if any, will even respond.

So in many ways FaceBook posts pass so quickly that it’s akin to being in a dragster race.  Few, if any, strangers are remotely interested in someone’s personal page…...................believe me.

NOTE:  more strangers read what we post here than what we post on our personal pages or blogs. 

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 29 November 2011 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

Currently I’m discovering how easy it is to spend extra money after buying an iPad. I just bought Pages for the iPad just so I can transfer documents to it. Only after I bought that did I remember I already have Air Sharing on my iPad, for transferring files to it. But then I discovered Pages for the iPad formatted the document better (at least with the first document I’ve tried so far).

Thank God I’m getting paid tomorrow.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 29 November 2011 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Currently stitting at work looking over the tasks for tonight and thinking I would rather be sitting at home watching the hockey game or out tossing darts.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 29 November 2011 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Closing this thread since it is basically duplicates the Daily Thread. So if you want to continue telling us what you’re currently doing please do so in the new Daily Thread (thread is no longer daily). Thank you!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

4 of 4