2 of 4
Currently…
Posted: 26 November 2011 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13
hulitoons - 26 November 2011 11:08 AM

My mouth has been a sore point since I was 12 years old when surgery began.  This though started a couple years ago, finally extractions that sort of broke some bone that is now sticking out to the side.  Partials are being made but I won’t be able to wear them until this is fixed.

Sounds horrible! I hope you get something sorted soon.

hulitoons - 26 November 2011 11:08 AM

Thank you for the compliment.  I have now been designing fabric that is then sent to a special printer and then mailed back to me.  They are all large images (5’ x 3’).  Some finished products are here:  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150638879220243.683742.863205242&type=3  these are in a facebook album though so I don’t know if you can pull them unless you have a facebook account?

Unfortunately, I can’t see them because I don’t have a Facebook account. I used to have one, but it turned out not to be my thing. It’s always nice to see someone doing well at something they’re clearly passionate about, especially if it’s bringing a bit more colour into the world. Well done!

Currently looking forward to fish and chips (or pizza, haven’t decided) and wine tonight.grin

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 26 November 2011 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Paul Taylor - 26 November 2011 02:11 AM

What sort of things do you sell on your stall, Madmouse? Do you follow the craft fairs round the country?

Currently trying to decide how best not to waste my Saturday, as I’ll probably be working the next one.

No, I only do quite local fairs. I had another one today that was the last one I’ve booked to do this season - most of the fairs where I sell are at this time of year, but I’m looking for others as well. I make bead jewellery. You might be able to see my page. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 27 November 2011 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-13
Madmouse - 26 November 2011 06:22 PM
Paul Taylor - 26 November 2011 02:11 AM

What sort of things do you sell on your stall, Madmouse? Do you follow the craft fairs round the country?

Currently trying to decide how best not to waste my Saturday, as I’ll probably be working the next one.

No, I only do quite local fairs. I had another one today that was the last one I’ve booked to do this season - most of the fairs where I sell are at this time of year, but I’m looking for others as well. I make bead jewellery. You might be able to see my page. smile

I could see your page. Very pretty! smile I like the set with the pearls and stars. Not that I could wear them, as I’m a blokey. Hope you did well at the craft fair. We have a big one near here most years, at Burghley House near Stamford.  I don’t think it’s been going as well in recent years, though. downer In the past, half of our Christmas presents have been bought from there.

Currently terrified at the rapid approach of Christmas. I’ve got hardly anyone’s presents! big surprise

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2011 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Paul, you could see her page on FaceBook but not mine?

Love the stuff you make Mad!!!

Currently having coffee after having really SLEPT last night.  Erik got to New York safely after 6+ hours.  I guess I should eat something at some point…..........

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 November 2011 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-13
hulitoons - 27 November 2011 07:51 AM

Paul, you could see her page on FaceBook but not mine?

I just gave it another go. It doesn’t actually say I need an account, but says the page is ‘currently unavailable’. I find FaceBook unfathomable! Madmouse’s page lets me navigate around, but keeps bringing up a box asking me to get an account.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2011 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I think that’s because I sent you the page of ‘photo albums’ and not my start page!  My start page would not show the images.  Amazingly I joined FaceBook about 7 years ago…when it first started and then never used it until this year.  Most of us here just started using FaceBook this past year so we could more easily share photos and videos and with the ability to expand our friends base.  We HAVE had grumbles about changes and differences because it has been odd. 

What has been nice is that a lot of our members here have family members that the rest of us are now friends with!  Oh, and a few have pets (including Acci’s centipede) who have FaceBook pages!  So, now, we are spread between here and there.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 November 2011 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

Huly I trust you have something to pamper yourself with. Does it help to have some tea with honey in it? Have you tried a hot toddy? I’ve never tried a hot toddy but I’ve heard they are nice.

Currently my bank account is getting over the shock of buying an iPad yesterday. Fortunately I’ve since received money from a kind soul (I mean client).

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 November 2011 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Very nice, Peter. Congratulations on the iPad.

If you decide to play a game called Trade Nations on it, let me know. I’ll give you my info and we can be neighbors. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 November 2011 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

What’s a hot toddy?

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2011 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Hot toddy

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 November 2011 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15
Tah - 27 November 2011 06:33 PM

Very nice, Peter. Congratulations on the iPad.

If you decide to play a game called Trade Nations on it, let me know. I’ll give you my info and we can be neighbors. wink

I’ll look at it when I get home. I bought this note taking app called Penultimate but it seems to require a stylus pen which I’m not completely happy about.

After buying an iPad I can’t justify buying a separate e-reader, at least not until I get a permanent job. At least I can claim the iPad as a tax deduction.

Huly let us know if you try a hot toddy and whether or not it helps. I’ve heard they’re nice in cold weather.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

2 of 4