Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Oh dear… downer
*hugs*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 23 November 2011 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Smerk I am SO very sorry.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 23 November 2011 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*puts on some little blue plastic booties*

*steps gingerly across floor*

*hops up and curls up in Smerk’s lap*

*purrs comfortingly*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 November 2011 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13

I feel really bad, because I didn’t get around to responding to this thread (so happy Life Day a bit late, everyone), but having seen it here did mention it on another forum, where it kicked off quite a discussion about Star Wars and The Star Wars Holiday Special. I have to admit I’m curious about this little piece of Star Wars lore.

Nice lemur by the way, madmouse.grin

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 23 November 2011 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Paul Taylor - 23 November 2011 12:18 PM

I feel really bad, because I didn’t get around to responding to this thread (so happy Life Day a bit late, everyone), but having seen it here did mention it on another forum, where it kicked off quite a discussion about Star Wars and The Star Wars Holiday Special. I have to admit I’m curious about this little piece of Star Wars lore.

All you need know is that it is bad. Very, very bad. Not even ‘so bad it’s good’ bad, but more ‘excruciatingly bad’.

http://xkcd.com/653/

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 November 2011 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

I have a job! grin  Part-time (about 16 hours a week), but it pays $10/hr.  After the semester ends, I can still get hours until the new semester starts (probably more than 16, possibly up to 20), but after the spring semester ends, I think the job does too, since it’s a work study job.  But it’s work for a couple of months, anyhow, which is a good thing. smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 23 November 2011 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-04-13
Robin Bobcat - 23 November 2011 01:24 PM
Paul Taylor - 23 November 2011 12:18 PM

All you need know is that it is bad. Very, very bad. Not even ‘so bad it’s good’ bad, but more ‘excruciatingly bad’.

http://xkcd.com/653/

Cool link! Made me chuckle. Cheers!:lol:

Signature 

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke

Posted: 23 November 2011 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

So sorry for you and your family, Smerk. Best wishes to all.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 23 November 2011 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Crafty, your news is uplifting!  I am SO glad!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 23 November 2011 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Hurrah for the job, Crafty! grin

Thanks, Paul. I like lemurs. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 24 November 2011 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

B-I-L’s father died 15 minutes ago. downer

It’s odd, I’ve been feeling so stressed and weepy the last few weeks, now that it’s actually happened, I don’t feel anything.  No doubt it’ll hit me later.  My eight-year-old niece is remarkable.  She’s already planning her eulogy for her Pop’s funeral.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

2 of 3

‹‹ How my brain works      Currently... ››