1 of 3
17 November - Wookiee Life Day
Posted: 16 November 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16

Let’s kick off the holiday season in style!

Wookiee Life Day

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 17 November 2011 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . Dude.

Seriously?

DUDE.

. . .

*gets up and leaves the room*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 17 November 2011 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

You don’t approve of Wookiees, Robin?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 19 November 2011 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02
Smerk - 17 November 2011 04:57 AM

You don’t approve of Wookiees, Robin?

Apparently not. wink  I like ‘em, though! smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 19 November 2011 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Wookie Life Day?  Are we all supposed to be emphasizing with wookies today?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 November 2011 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Ok, here it is 2 days later and no one has commented yet?  What busy lives we lead.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 November 2011 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I guess we ARE busy?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 21 November 2011 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Mine will be a little less busy after tomorrow—I’ve got a 5-day weekend coming up! grin  Then I’ve got about 3 more weeks of school, then I’m out until the 11th of January or so.  Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house then. smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 22 November 2011 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I’ve had the Mousling’s birthday to do, and also a lot of work for craft fairs. Oh, and my mother-in-law is coming here for the day next Tuesday…

After that I’ll have more free time. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 22 November 2011 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I think we have also become enamoured with FaceBook.  It’s something new but it also leaves something to be desired too.  First, FB posts are very short-lived and encourages a behavior we haven’t really faced on here and that’s the pursuit to be seen or noted within the brief period of time that our comment is visible.  Everyone hopes that what they have to say will have some shared meaning, even if it’s controversial, because it invites camaraderie.  But posts are not visible long enough to hold passion. 

Here on this forum there is not only time enough to enjoy, but time enough to think. 

For example, on the morning of November 4th at 6:51 am (just over 2 weeks ago) I posted:

Facebook is like life:
1. BIRTH-you post your comment
2. TODDLER/CHILD-other births are born and your comment moves down a little as others read it
3. TEEN/YOUNG ADULT-your comment is young/cute and people ‘date’ you by commenting or ‘liking’
4. MIDDLE AGE-your comment starts to get lost moving faster down the feed. Maybe even you still read it again but it’s getting old/tiresome
5. ELDERLY-pretty soon the only way people and even you can see your comment is by pressing ‘older stories’ because it’s moved off the buffer
6. EXPIRED LIFE/MEMORIES-finally and too soon you and anyone else have to press ‘older posts/stories’ MANY times before that comment can ever be seen again

Amazing how fast life flies…..

Because it was early in the morning, it had moved to the ‘elderly/dead’ area by the time other people were home from work or school so it was probably not even seen. 

What I like about the forum here is that, while we are a small group at times, we are an eclectic group and opinions and ideas have been inspiring.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 November 2011 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Other than likes and the occasional comment on someone’s post I generally don’t have much to say on Facebook.  I think I update my status about once every 2 weeks.  lol   What a boring life I lead.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 23 November 2011 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

I’ve not been feeling overly chatty due to this.  It was originally going to be managed with painkillers and hormones, but we’ve just been told that the doctors don’t expect him to last the night, now. downer

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 3

‹‹ How my brain works      Currently... ››