2 of 2
How my brain works
Posted: 01 February 2012 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

I use the voice recognition on my Android for Google searches but it seems to have trouble with my accent. Some of the results to come back are a little disturbing LOL

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 02 February 2012 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I haven’t tried any of the voice recognition programmes, but apparently they often have problems with a Scottish accent. I don’t know if mine is strong enough to be a problem, though. I really have to try one out!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 02 February 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Madmouse - 02 February 2012 06:32 AM

I haven’t tried any of the voice recognition programmes, but apparently they often have problems with a Scottish accent. I don’t know if mine is strong enough to be a problem, though. I really have to try one out!

Ooh ooh! There was actually an article about that… Hang on… lemmie find it…

http://gizmodo.com/5881332/the-ultimate-test-of-siris-accent+deciphering-skills-scotland?tag=watch-this

I had a Glaswegian gentleman in the hotel a while back. Totally inpenetrable accent. Took a couple tries for me to understand him, especially given my hearing’s not what it might be.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 13 February 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

As further evidence of my superior intelligence I offer this as proof. Today I was given a temporary password for an online service (I’ve since changed the password). I was reading back the individual letters of this temporary password and I said the following:

“K for Kat”.

My intelligence knows no bounds.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 13 February 2012 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

‘K for Kat’........................hmmmmm well that at least makes more sense to me than some text messages!  We’re all getting warped and reinventing the English language…......

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 13 February 2012 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 13 February 2012 05:37 AM

‘K for Kat’........................hmmmmm well that at least makes more sense to me than some text messages!  We’re all getting warped and reinventing the English language…......

Considering I was waiting on my phone for up to 20 minutes to talk to somebody at a government department I could understandibly be a bit “warped”. Fortunately the guy I spoke to was helpful.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

2 of 2