1 of 2
In a word, IKEA
Posted: 10 November 2011 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2894
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m in need of a new mattress for a single bed. Does this seem reasonable?

This thing.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 10 November 2011 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

For a mattress, that’s pretty darned cheap.  The question really should be is it comfortable?

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 10 November 2011 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-10-06

You can’t argue with an “agreeable sleeping climate”...

For what it’s worth I always think that, with mattresses, you need to go and lay on one and wriggle about a bit. There’s no other way of knowing whether it will suit you or not.

Signature 

When people ask “How are you?”, I usually reply “Reasonably confident of survival in the medium term”. They tend not to delve deeper.

Posted: 10 November 2011 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

IKEA stores usually have displays set up so one can sprawl out on said mattresses.

Bear in mind, IKEA tends to be somewhat inexpensively produced. You’ll save a bunch, but it won’t last more than a few years.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 10 November 2011 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

IKEA

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 12 November 2011 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

The only worry I have is ‘springs’.  I don’t like them because they tend to work through.  Otherwise I agree with the rest, go to IKEA, sit on it, lay on it, bounce etc. and see how it feels to you.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 12 November 2011 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 12 November 2011 08:46 AM

....sit on it, lay on it, bounce etc. and see how it feels to you.

I could relay that to other people but I’m worried about the potential for misunderstanding. smile

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 14 November 2011 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m planning to go to IKEA this Friday night (or on the weekend). I’ll look at the thang and if it seems comfy enough I’ll buy it.

I think there is danger of my buying a few other little odds and ends while I’m there.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 14 November 2011 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Peter - 14 November 2011 06:31 PM

I’m planning to go to IKEA this Friday night (or on the weekend). I’ll look at the thang and if it seems comfy enough I’ll buy it.

I think there is danger of my buying a few other little odds and ends while I’m there.

If you’ve got one of the bigger ones, make sure to grab a bite to eat while you’re there.. the cafeteria is very tasty. They’ve hit upon the concept of ‘limited selection but excellent quality’, and so there’s only a few things on the menu any given day, but they’re all tasty and cheap.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 14 November 2011 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Robin Bobcat - 14 November 2011 08:13 PM
Peter - 14 November 2011 06:31 PM

If you’ve got one of the bigger ones, make sure to grab a bite to eat while you’re there.. the cafeteria is very tasty. They’ve hit upon the concept of ‘limited selection but excellent quality’, and so there’s only a few things on the menu any given day, but they’re all tasty and cheap.

Yes, the cafeteria is nice there. The IKEA I go to is part of a larger shopping centre so there are other food places there as well. I’ll probably just go to the IKEA one as that’s most handy.

I’ll be buying a mattress for a single bed and I’m planning on having it delivered for me. I’ve only got a small car.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 15 November 2011 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Robin, I too adore their food. 

Peter, we always end up with stuff we hadn’t even thought of when we go HA!  I love the kid’s section big time.  Just make sure the springs on the mattress are well insulated!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 16 November 2011 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 15 November 2011 11:26 AM

Robin, I too adore their food.

It’s edible at a beautifully affordable price.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

1 of 2