October 17 - Family Day!!!
Posted: 08 November 2011 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21
Smerk - 08 November 2011 06:08 AM

*sigh*

Not been a good day today. I seem to have gotten ill after I got drenched on the way home from work yesterday. And I’ve been told that my brother-in-law’s father has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer.  No idea on how far gone it is, or what treatments may be offered as yet.

Ick, that’s no good Smerk.

*props up Smerk in front of some bad television with lots of pillows and hot soup*

As for the prostate cancer, don’t worry too much. As my father (in the medical field himself) says, “Prostate cancer is usually something you die with rather than from.”. In other words, most cases aren’t going to be malignant or advanced enough to warrant concern, especially since it tends to occur in elderly men most frequently. Those that are worrisome, it’s a simple matter of removing the prostate… which most guys would rather avoid for obvious reasons.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 08 November 2011 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Yeah, update to that - he’d actually had his prostate removed a few months ago for an unrelated problem.  Tests done on the tissue came back with positive results to cancer, but he was never informed, so it’s been left untreated.  Updated diagnosis is that the cancer has actually attacked his hip-bones.  He’s currently in a private hospital with one of the best oncologists in Perth to undergo treatments.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 08 November 2011 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Ah. Ick. That’s not good. Bone cancer is hard to treat, but is thankfully itself not terribly lethal. Problem comes from it spreading to other locations.

On the plus side, you have a lot on your side for yelling at them.
“You knew there was cancer, but you didn’t SAY anything, and now it’s progressed. You’re going to FIX this.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 November 2011 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Going to be another slow day at work.  I hope everyone else is having a great day wherever you are.  And don’t get into trouble….  *glances at Boo and Dave*

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 11 November 2011 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Well it’s 11/11/11/11/11 and here I am still at work.  Ugh.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 13 November 2011 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Our middle son and his girlfriend of the last several years are engaged! grin

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 13 November 2011 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16

Well, that’s better than your middle son and your older son’s girlfriend of several years being engaged!

Congratulations. grin

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 13 November 2011 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Congratulations! grin

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 14 November 2011 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Crafty Dragon - 13 November 2011 01:13 PM

Our middle son and his girlfriend of the last several years are engaged! grin

This is good, right?  Congratulations to all of you.  smile

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 16 November 2011 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16

Hey! We made it a month this time. And only five pages. Wow.

Anyway, new thread time. Special occasion requiring it.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

5 of 5