October 17 - Family Day!!!
Posted: 17 October 2011 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

They might not claim you, but there is still a holiday for it! wink

‘Family Day’ - Wikipedia

And, since someone seems to have adequatly handled the spammer infestation…

*..Wanders off to make coffee…* cheese

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 17 October 2011 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Gah…I cracked my knee on the vanity in the bathroom this morning, and my knee is now bright red and still sore…I suppose it matches the elbow I cracked on my sister’s dining table yesterday, though.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 17 October 2011 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
Smerk - 17 October 2011 08:45 AM

Gah…I cracked my knee on the vanity in the bathroom this morning, and my knee is now bright red and still sore…I suppose it matches the elbow I cracked on my sister’s dining table yesterday, though.

Would it help to have a bath? Or did you wind up cutting yourself?

I hope you feel better soon.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 17 October 2011 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

Yikes, Smerk! gulp

The teen Dragon took a spill in the hallway upstairs this morning as well.  She was coming out of her room with her stuff for school (Hands loaded up) and tripped over a hiking boot.  Ended up doing a hard shoulder plant into the hall landing. shut eye  I could tell from the sound that it was just one of those “Oops”. stumbles. big surprise

She’s sore, but okay. (Though she’s gonna have a pretty bruise in a little while.  I told her to tell her teachers that her crotchety old man beat her with his walker!) LOL  wink

Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2011 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

Darn it, Dave. We were only two days away from having the Daily Thread turn into a Monthly Thread! mad

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 18 October 2011 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*joke about being two days till retirement here*

Anyway…. I have just had a VERY odd experience.

So there I am, having a nap at work. This is fairly common, and I’m allowed to if it’s slow. Someone comes to the front desk.

I recognize the guy’s name, he’s been here before. He’s from some sort of slavic country. He’d apparently booked things online, which explains why there’s a reservation despite me being sure everyone had checked in.

So I go about checking him in. I notice a note on the reservation, saying he wanted to be on the top floor, away from the freeway - common request. I go to change his room number, but for some reason, its been preassigned and won’t let me change it. Wait a minute, why is it set to room 115? We don’t HAVE a 115… and why is my desk dissolving into silvery-gray mist… Sir? Where did you go…?

That’s when I woke up.

So… yeah. For all I worry about losing a sale because I was sleeping, it’s something else to lose one because you’re awake…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 October 2011 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Smerk - 17 October 2011 08:45 AM

“There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of a dragon as the application of a rough vanity.”—Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

“If vanity does not overthrow all our Smerks, at least she makes them totter.”— François de la Rochefoucauld

Curse you, vanity!!!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 October 2011 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Yawn, is it morning yet?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 21 October 2011 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*naps in the sunny spot*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 21 October 2011 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*opens one eye*

*sighs*

*scoots over two feet back into sunny spot*

*z*

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2011 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

*..Staggers into the MoH and collapses against the Med Lockers…* shut eye

I…... I….. Just finished a ‘Sleep Study’. gulp

PES sensor.  shock

The med techs have finally developed the perfect compliance torture tool.* big surprise

And… and… I let them do it to me…. shut eye  downer 

I’m gonna go get some sleep. hmmm

*...Wanders away with a handful of Mark VII’s while sobbing quietly…*
shut eye

*Compliance Torture Tool = A device or set of protocols where the victim subjects themselves to various discomforts/procedures merely to demonstrate their willingness to comply with given directives.

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2011 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I guess I missed the rapture again.  It appears I’m still here and there isn’t any looting happening.  Sigh, and I wanted a new laptop.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 5