1 of 1
Exposing myself?
Posted: 09 October 2011 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

I’ve recently noticed the stitching on an old pair of trousers gives way to very small holes when slightly stretched. I think it’s my oldest pair so I think I’ll get rid of it.

I’ll have to stop buying cheap trousers. I don’t want everybody to think I’m leading them on.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 09 October 2011 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Hey, you’re just being fashionable according to what I see people wearing today.  The more holes, the more stylish.  You just need to get some matching clothes for the whole ensemble:  a black printed tee-shirt with the logo from some heavy-metal band, and a cap that you can wear backwards.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 October 2011 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
Accipiter - 09 October 2011 12:59 AM

Hey, you’re just being fashionable according to what I see people wearing today.  The more holes, the more stylish.  You just need to get some matching clothes for the whole ensemble:  a black printed tee-shirt with the logo from some heavy-metal band, and a cap that you can wear backwards.

Oh, so having small holes appear down the seat of my pants is fashionable? I could be all the rage in today’s corporate environment.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 October 2011 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’ve recently noticed the stitching on an old pair of trousers gives way to very small holes when slightly stretched. I think it’s my oldest pair so I think I’ll get rid of it.

Key points:

1. Old pair
2. when slightly stretched
3.  oldest
4. guy

See usually when you buy clothes you wash them periodically.  Over time they begin to degrade (pretty much like all things do made of fabric, flesh, plant…......)  Washing tends to escalate the degredation (while dirt tends to sort of lend a starch to them). 

Stretching cloth will cause stitching to pull as well and if the stitching has been properly applied then they are in opposing directions to the weave of the cloth…...........SO, little holes will appear when you pull against the weave with stitches. 

But of course, the next key is OLDEST which means, yes, it’s finally time to ditch the pants/jeans. 

But then we get to the last and most vital key GUY which equates to:  I won’t ditch these until they are falling off, become ghostly tatters, and will wear them as long as my crotch is still covered.

And there you have it!

Guys 101.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 October 2011 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Someone I knew actually conducted an experiment to see how long it would take for his clothes to disintegrate completely. He would wash them regularly, but otherwise… His shirt was basically rags and tatters.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 October 2011 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
hulitoons - 09 October 2011 10:44 AM

Key points:

1. Old pair
2. when slightly stretched
3.  oldest
4. guy

See usually when you buy clothes you wash them periodically.  Over time they begin to degrade (pretty much like all things do made of fabric, flesh, plant…......)  Washing tends to escalate the degredation (while dirt tends to sort of lend a starch to them). 

Stretching cloth will cause stitching to pull as well and if the stitching has been properly applied then they are in opposing directions to the weave of the cloth…...........SO, little holes will appear when you pull against the weave with stitches. 

But of course, the next key is OLDEST which means, yes, it’s finally time to ditch the pants/jeans. 

But then we get to the last and most vital key GUY which equates to:  I won’t ditch these until they are falling off, become ghostly tatters, and will wear them as long as my crotch is still covered.

And there you have it!

Guys 101.

Guys = Gyrating Undulated Yams?

I had thought of donating said pair of trousers to the local charity bin. But maybe the world doesn’t need another low income person with unseemly trousers?

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 09 October 2011 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Perhaps not, then again, to someone these may seem criminally stylish. 

I donate fairly frequently, but I never donate anything I know is worn out.  I donate things that I no longer want or is the wrong size but otherwise in good condition.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1