1 of 1
Is the forum search working OK?
Posted: 08 October 2011 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

Hi

I just did a search and it showed a “result of 1”. Only there was nothing there. Is there a bug in the forum software?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 08 October 2011 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

It does seem to be a glitch with the forum software.  I’ve found that if you do a search from the main page of MoH, you’re more likely to get the results (and then some) that you’re after.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 08 October 2011 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Yeah, if you use the search function in the Forum, it doesn’t really work.  It will do what you described, Peter, or else show only two or three results while saying that it has page after page listed.  It’s been doing that since the change in software, so it’s probably not Smerk’s fault.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 October 2011 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

I just tried it from the main page and I did find it does work, thanks. I did a search on Yakult and I found it’s already been discussed in the past (I’d just forgotten it was).

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 09 October 2011 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2004-04-20

There is a bug in the forum search software, acknowledged by the software maker. I’ll check to see if they’ve posted a fix yet. Though really, I suppose I could just replace that search box with the google search used on the rest of the site.

This latest version of the software has been full of bugs. For instance, the older versions used to let me find out which sites were linking to the MoH, but that feature no longer works because of a bug. The tradeoff to the buginess is that the software is cheap enough for me to afford.

Posted: 09 October 2011 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Could be worse.. one of the other forums I frequent has a NASTY trojan lurking in it…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 1

‹‹ Hi      Exposing myself? ››