1 of 1
I must be the last living cell ..............
Posted: 22 August 2011 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

every time I come on to the forum I see only my name showing with an * behind it below where the window for active members is.  There are always a host of new members showing but they must only be shadows passing by. 

It’s lonely….................

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 August 2011 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Huli, with the forum’s software update, there’s a bug that shows everyone logged in anonymously.  That’s what the asterisk means.  Currently I see 3 anonymous users, so I’m guessing it’s me, you, and someone else.  Alex has been notified of the bug (among others) and has checked into it, but it seems to be a problem with Expression Engine (the server for the forum) and so far there doesn’t seem to be any fix for it.  Alex says other people (from other groups) have complained about the same thing, so he says it looks like we’ll just have to bear with it until it gets fixed in a future software update.

I agree, though, it does seem very lonely in here.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 22 August 2011 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Thank you for ‘splaining!’  I don’t like being .... you know ... all by myself…........

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 22 August 2011 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Me neither.  Looks like we’ll just have to keep posting on the various threads and hope someone responds.  But look at it this way—it’s kind of like a surprise party when people do respond, because we don’t know who’s here with us! grin

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 22 August 2011 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

*doesn’t actually exist*

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 August 2011 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 22 August 2011 09:24 PM

*doesn’t actually exist*

Not only do you not exist, you invisibly don’t exist.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 22 August 2011 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

That’s pretty much the norm for Acci, but now we also invisibly don’t exist! LOL

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 22 August 2011 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah, I was worrying about that, myself, then I realized all the issues the forum had had, and that some folks had responded mere moments after my posts..

So.. we’re here.. we’ve just got the lights off.

(The asterisk means that there is some dispute as to whether or not the person is actually online, but it’s being recorded for the time being anyway)

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 1