1 of 1
Does this make sense to you?
Posted: 15 August 2011 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I just read this on FB and trying to make sense of it.  I’ve read it about 6 times.  Maybe I’m really old and my brain is going, but it just seems like maybe something is missing…........:

Strange happenings. We walked outside this evening to get Matt’s truck from the church….2 guys in a car “needing” gas. Yet the guy said he had a girl with him and no cell phones. We gave him gas but it did not work. He disappeared down the road, out of sight. Went to window to tell girl that we would be back with gas….it was a guy and he was on a cell. Yeah, called cops.

Tell me what you ‘read’ or ‘don’t read’ please?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 15 August 2011 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

Yes, doesn’t make sense to me either! If you’ve already given the bloke gas, why then go to the car to tell the other person (guy/girl/dog whatever) that you’ll be back with gas???
It seems very odd. from however you look at it. Just seems everyone in the scenario is acting a bit weird!

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 15 August 2011 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

I’d say through the miracle of quantum mechanics one car became two cars, while both still being the same singular car. Yet the girl only exists in one incarnation of the same car.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 15 August 2011 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

LOL  Peter!

I was going to say that it sounds kinda scammish.  My interpretation is as follows:

The story-teller went to collect their friend’s (partner’s?) car from the church.  While on the way there, they were approached by a guy claiming that he was out of gas, had a girl waiting in his car for him, and neither he nor the girl had a phone handy.  The story-teller and friend provided some gas (where from???), and the guy wandered off (with the gas? Gas didn’t work??), leaving the car and supposed girl.  When the story-teller & friend checked the car, they discovered that the passenger was another guy, who was on a phone.  They then called the cops.

I just think that whoever you pulled that from just doesn’t have very good story-telling skills, Huli.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 15 August 2011 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Shroedinger’s Car?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 15 August 2011 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

No, it doesn’t make a lick of sense to me either.  big surprise

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 15 August 2011 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

I agree with Smerk’s interpretation.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 15 August 2011 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Does this make sense to you?

Not really.

My take on what the situation might have been:

Whomever “we” is (I’ll just call them Mutt and Jeff, for convenience) were walking by the road to get Matt’s truck.  A guy (I’ll call him Ramses II) came up to them.  He said that his car (which was nearby and he pointed out to them) was out of gas, and that neither he nor the girl who was his passenger had a cell phone.  Mutt and Jeff gave Ramses II some fuel, either from Matt’s truck or from a fuel station.  Ramses II went off with the fuel, but then came back and said that it wasn’t enough.  He then wandered off.  Mutt and Jeff went over to the car that Ramses II had said was his and that he had claimed had a girl with no phone in it.  Instead of that, though, they found that there was a guy with a phone sitting in it.  Mutt and Jeff then called the police.

Presumably, Ramses II didn’t actually have anything to do with the car that he’d indicated was his, and he’d just scammed Mutt and Jeff out of a container of fuel and then walked off with it.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 16 August 2011 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Here’s how the rest of this went before the author deleted the whole thing (she does this frequently when she doesn’t like comments) I still had all this up when she deleted so I quickly copied it:

Jodi Strange…..
        Katherine good call…
        Diana very good call. Something’s amiss.
        Rebecca Hulit I’m confused and must not be reading this story right though I’ve reread it several times:

1. You left the house heading to the church where Matt’s truck was parked.
        2. At the church you see two men in a car and for some reason you either approached them or they approached you.
        3. They apparently could not start their vehicle because they were out of gas.
        4. The driver (I’m assuming it was the driver) said he had a girl with him and had no way to call help since they had no cell phones—
        5. You gave them some gas (where you got it is not clear…maybe syphoned it from Matt’s truck?), but their vehicle still did not start.
        6. The driver (I’m still assuming it was the driver) disappeared down the road so I’m guess he must have gotten out of his vehicle and started walking somewhere but you don’t know where?

—So far it sounds like you gave them gas but the car still wouldn’t start and now one of the men is gone so you walk over to the second person in the car (that you think is a female) to tell her you’ll go get gas and will be right back with it. That’s when you realize that the second person isn’t a girl but another guy and you realize the first guy was either lying (but of course he’s already gone) or that the second guy was holding back on the driver (who is now gone) and really does have a phone and he’s calling someone.

So my confusion is why you called the police?
        If you gave them gas and the car still wouldn’t start, that’s not a reason to call the police.
        If the ‘girl’ was really a ‘guy’ that’s not a reason either.
        If they were parked in the church parking lot, that’s not a reason either.

What did these people do wrong or illegal? I don’t think I’m reading your
        Katherine They were suspicious, probably going to break into places, they were up to something bad, got caught and made up a lie to make it sound like they were out of gas when they were up to no good.
        Rebecca Hulit Wait a minute, sounds like paranoia to me. Just because you see a car with two people inside that you don’t know does not warrant calling the authorities. Unless there is a lot more to the story this sounds like profiling. These folks could just as easily been sitting there talking. UNLESS they called out for help or approached for a handout (which they may have but the story does not indicate this), then any other conversation and visual imagery might define something else. Not having a cell phone is not a crime, nor is NOT knowing your passenger has one (which sounds like what happened). The story is not clear so give me a break.
        Christina You made a good call girl! No one that feels inclined to lie about something as simple as it being a man or woman with them should ever be trusted. You were kind enough to try and help, and he still felt the need to lie about that???? Was this by the house or at the church?
        Rebecca Hulit I’m still confused guys. So much so that I thought there was something wrong with my brain so, without saying who wrote the story or any of the comments here I sent just the story to an unbiased party who does not know any of the parties: “Doesn’t make any sense to me either. I’m not even sure why they called the police unless they were suspicious about why they were hanging around the church.”
        Angel Hey girl. Okay. Here is the run down. :o)
        Rebecca Hulit YES please clarify so I know exactly what happened! Your story has me falling off a cliff Beautiful!
        Angel On our road alone there have been over 5 robberies. Our house was broke into this past spring. The people were parked by our fence. It became suspicious when he disappeared and we were going to tell the girl we would go get gas. He was gone and the girl ended up being a guy. Matt had asked the guy who disappeared if they had a phone or new any numbers that we could call for them and he said that he did not know any numbers and they did not have their cell phones. Just last week a house up the road from us was robbed.
        Angel Too many break in’s in our neighborhood and community.
        Rose Think you did the right thing. If there’s nothing to hide then there is no reason the police should be feared. Plus the police can help them out if they need more help with their car. Good call.
        Rebecca Hulit Okay now this is clearing the mud. Where did the guy who got out of the car go? Did he just open the door and get out while you were standing there talking to them? Did you see which direction? Did he ever say why he was leaving the car? Did you stay there until the police arrived?

Have you folks formed a neighborhood watch? If you have many break-ins then you need to get together with the police who can assist you informing watches. You need to take care of each other and not be standing alone. These kinds of watches do a lot to protect neighborhoods…...believe​ me, I know.

Angel We began to back out and we saw him dart down the road….so we turned on to the road and he was gone….we drove down the road and was NO WHERE. WE did not stay as the man in the car, when he noticed that I stopped and looked into the window, looked over, looked away and quickly closed his phone so we could not longer see his face.
        Angel A lot of comments, going to remove…..but you can send me a message and I can get back to you. :O)

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

1 of 1